Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

keynote scheduling

jkershaw
Enthusiast
hi all -

After working in AC for nearly 20 years, I decided to make my first foray into keynote scheduling. I spent 30 minutes and built a schedule that reads two Property Values that I created ("keynote" and "keynote number").

To test, I assigned values to three elements - a column, a slab, and a wall. I labeled two of these elements on the plan, but did not label the third.

First question:
Can I set up the schedule so that IF an element does NOT have a label associated to it, THEN it will not show in the schedule? Many elements show in various views, but I do not want the keynote to be listed just because the element is in the view.

Second question:
Is there no way to "top justify" the cells in the schedule?? We often have very long notes, and "center-justification" is not only graphically inferior but also less clear.

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 10.46.35 AM.png
AC26 APPLE SILICON USA FULL 4032
Mac Studio 2022, Apple M1 Max, 64GB RAM
13.2 macOS Ventura
learning AC since version 4.5
15 REPLIES 15
alemanda
Advocate
Gpowless,
I think you posted in the wrong tread.
I was asking about the piping slope in another tread ... I ask the moderators to move these two posts in the right place .
thanks for the answer. I'm playing a bit with the MEP modeler and I catch the spirit of the tool. Your suggestion is helpful.
In case I want to change the slope of my piping after drawing it for the first time, how to do it?
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the exact same question as the OP and am wondering if this is possible now with AC22?

I want to create an exterior finishes schedule that only picks up the auto labels I have placed against certain elements in the elevations. I created a property under Product Info called 'Finish Code' and then allowed it to be a property for all elements. Then I just enter the abbreviation for the finish against the element wherever I want to place the label. BUT when I try to schedule the finishes, it picks up all the elements for which I have not placed labels (and have empty data against Finish Code) and it picks up elements for which I've given data against the 'model' property but which I intended to also give further info on the finish product.

Thanks for any insights...
Barry Kelly
In the 'Criteria' section of the schedule, add a criteria that filters the 'Finish Code' property and set it so that it "is not" and leave the value empty.
So ... Finish Code is not ________

This should filter just the element that have a finish code with a value in it so only those are included in your schedule.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry!! That makes a lot of sense - it didn't quite work like that but you helped me figure it out.

Here is what I learnt in case anyone else faces the same problem.

1. Don't create the schedule under components otherwise it won't work correctly; create it as an elements schedule
2. When adding the finish code to the schedule criteria, select 'has custom value.' For some reason, if you select 'does not contain' and leave value as blank, it will still bring up all of the elements that have finish code available in the properties, even if you haven't entered anything against them.
3. I had 'model' as a schedule field, but it didn't have bidirectional editing available so I went into property manager and edited the default 'model' property that was available under product info. I changed data type to 'tags list', default value as 'value' and left blank and then made available to all classifications.

I've attached a document.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sarah wrote:
1. Don't create the schedule under components otherwise, it won't work correctly; create it as an elements schedule
I have to disagree. There are certain cases where you would like to use it. All 3 types have a bit different specific and query different data form model.
Anonymous
Not applicable
kzaremba wrote:
Sarah wrote:
1. Don't create the schedule under components otherwise, it won't work correctly; create it as an elements schedule
I have to disagree. There are certain cases where you would like to use it. All 3 types have a bit different specific and query different data form model.
Yes I am sure there are specific cases. However my post above is referring to a specific case as per whole thread. In this specific situation, I found it didn't work.