Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

maxonform development !

TMA_80
Enthusiast
Hi!

I’ve just read the announcement about Maxonform. This might be a stupid question but... will GS stop the devlopment of the c4d plug-in too, or it’s just for maxonform ?

Thanks!
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
14 REPLIES 14
Thomas Holm
Booster
Karl wrote:
It is pretty lame that big Nemetschek cannot coordinate the actions of its own companies: if GS is going to announce this upgrade policy, then Maxon should have a page on their site(s) concerning it and their store should list the upgrades. Very unprofessional all in all.
Well, of course I agree, but I tend to think they just gotta have something up their sleeve(s). I just can't see the point of reducing integration between the apps they own, when lack of integration really is the most glaring issue they have. They simply have to co-ordinate and consolidate eventually, or if not, what on earth was the purpose of the purchase?

But whatever the case, I guess we'll have to wait at least a year more before we see the fruits of the work that's simply got to be going on behind the scene. Or is it just wishful thinking?

(Does anybody know if something is going on on the Allplan side?)

Edited: Perhaps this thread is the right place to continue this discussion?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
i add myself to this discution only to say iam agree with Martin Wolfendale ,as he says the maxonform discontinued is totaly dishonest marketing , i have a bout a year and a half with maxon , it cost me $ 600.00 usd , i now some maxonform dealers could offer a $ 300.00 usd to i can update to C4D , but what happen , with my other 300 ? i dont know why graphisoft and nemescheck do this with his clients , and users ?

is not fair
owen
Newcomer
Karl wrote:
It is pretty lame that big Nemetschek cannot coordinate the actions of its own companies: if GS is going to announce this upgrade policy, then Maxon should have a page on their site(s) concerning it and their store should list the upgrades. Very unprofessional all in all
agree .. although Maxon have never advertised Maxonform on their site before, presumably because it was a Graphisoft product (C4D engine under license to GS). Graphisoft really should have made a bigger thing of it. Their whole website needs a rethink IMO, its just a disaster to be avoided at all costs really...

Martin wrote:
They Hid it so new purchases will continue (it will now cost me an additional 3 times my maxonform purchase price to upgrade AU$3000.00 after i only purchased it 2 months ago
Totaly dishonest marketing IMHO
What is there to say .. GS Australia! If it makes you feel any better they probably only heard of Maxonforms discontinuation at the same time as the rest of us. In my dealings with them regarding Maxonform it became obvious pretty quickly they vaguely knew they were selling it but that was it. However if they did know at the time of selling it to you it was about to be discontinued then i think thats pretty poor form.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
the only thing i could say , is hopefully nemescheck or graphisoft , could help us ( as users ) to , taking our Maxons , in fair price , so we can update to C4D ,thats all
Rakela Raul
Participant
after i only purchased it 2 months ago

same here.....a rip!!
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16