Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

twinmotion for Revit !

Anonymous
Not applicable
http://www.twinmotion.com/showcase/news/revit_plugin.html/?___store=xwwaqpa&___from_store=vefmsyx

check this addon for revit(video), just beautifull
Ofc i dont think revit is beautifull, they just do right stuff in expending their software

VBE is funny comparing to this one

if this is possible to link with archicad then archicad render engine (lightworks) is something that can be complitly erased :=)
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
. . . i dont think revit is beautifull, they just do right stuff in expending their software . . .
Correct me if I am wrong, but Autodesk(Revit) did not "expand" their software. This is a 3rd party software. Twinmotion from France made this software as a plugin, much like Artlantis for ArchiCAD.

I like what Twinmotion can do! Very impressive
Anonymous
Not applicable
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
VBE is funny comparing to this one
The price is even funnier: €2,420
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
NeckoFromSarajevo,

Please do not spread misinformation that leads to confusion. If you visit Twinmotion's website you will see that you can import models from many packages, including ArchiCAD. They have highlighted their plug-in for Revit but Twinmotion is not an Autodesk product.

It also is not fair to compare this to VBE apples to apples. The end product of VBE is a 3D model that anyone can explore without having any kind of viewer software or special knowledge. VBE's final product is also so user friendly that anyone that has used a mouse and keyboard can navigate a model and feel comfortable with it in minutes or even seconds. The end product of Twinmotion is renderings and animations. I see nowhere on their site that it exports a user-friendly navigable 3D model such as VBE's. The demo video shows someone navigating the model in the designing phase. Also the working interface seems to harbor a lot of complexity which is typical of most costly high end rendering app.

As to the Twinmotion software itself: very impressive. Their render speeds and visual quality achieved in such short times is amazing. I would like to explore it myself for what it does. But I can see that VBE still has a strong position in the market for what it is best at.
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah, you r right . . . i didnt express my self like i supouse...sry about that

but anyway, its great peace of software and it changes the archi game a lot

and its EXPENSIVE like hell

real time rendering is future...cos with them you work flowleslly, not loosing time and time is what counts.
Anonymous
Not applicable
http://lumion3d.com/

this one is cheaper and better like many user says on forums

check it out
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to stop further "misinformation" - to quote from - http://www.twinmotion.com/twinmotion2/specifications/stand-alone.html

"Twinmotion®2 enables the generation of 3D interactive stand-alone versions of your project.

These versions let you freely deploy and distribute your projects internally as well as to clients.

You can manage the degree of interactivity available to your recipients, from allowing simple navigation through your project to its modification."

Even comparing Twinmotion with Lumion3D isn't a fair "apples for apples". Horses for courses I say. One thing is for sure - quality real time visualisation is here now and here to stay. It is the one thing that I am regularly asked for that I don't have in my tool box. If only this was native to Archicad. What I used to love about Archicad was that it was a real "architect in a box" - did everything you wanted reasonably well in one package - innovative for its time. Losing ground fast now though. And I am sorry but I agree that VBE does not stack up against these options.

I first bought Archicad because I felt it was innovative. Now it seems just keeping up is too much to hope for.
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Yes, thank you espace for pointing that I out. Looks like I should have dug deeper before jumping the gun myself.

I am looking to see if they have any of these stand alone models for download. I would like to see how this specific feature compares to VBE. It looks like you have to download a trial of the software package.

Here is another forum that with a few more opinions about Twinmotion and Lumion from just a couple months back http://forums.cgarchitect.com/65144-twinmotion-demo.html

The thing that impresses me is how quickly the rendered environment responds with real time motion and real time changes. I have never seen anything like it. There is another thread discussing UDK. I wonder if Twinmotion uses a UDK engine?

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=36562
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe twinmotion for Archicad will come as a plug-in .

Twinmotion interactive technology instead the actual OpenGL internal 3d-window in Archicad - a dream for the archicad users !

I see the potential of realtime-engine not only for presentations but mainly for daily architect job , to model a building in 3d window -with twinmotion image quality may be a big step for us .
Anonymous
Not applicable
archibaldo wrote:
I see the potential of realtime-engine not only for presentations but mainly for daily architect job , to model a building in 3d window -with twinmotion image quality may be a big step for us .
Agreed. I would really like working in an environment like that.