BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

upgrading add-ons

KeesW
Advocate
Will our existing add-ons work with Archicad 10? I've got most of CadImage's programs, plus about 4 from Cigrapgh. Having 2 copies of everything could make the upgrade quite expensive.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
6 REPLIES 6
TomWaltz
Participant
All add-ons must be recompiled in Archicad 10. Whether you have to pay for them or not is up to the vendor.
Tom Waltz
stefan
Expert
One of the reasons I avoid add-ons
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
stefan wrote:
One of the reasons I avoid add-ons
I'm not so sure you have the wrong idea, Stefan. It's really a pain to have to even try to keep track of the upgrades, never mind buy and download and install them all, especially since I do so few projects in any given year.

Alas, that hasn't seemed to have stopped me <g>.

Wendy
Erika Epstein
Booster
Campbell Yule of Cadimage told us on a recent visit to Los Angeles that for their add-ons you only have to pay for upgrades every other archicad upgrade.

So if you purchased an add-on while in AC8, then for AC10 you will need to pay for an upgrade.

If you bought in in AC9, then for AC10 will be no upgrade fee.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
Campbell Yule of Cadimage told us on a recent visit to Los Angeles that for their add-ons you only have to pay for upgrades every other archicad upgrade.
That's great news!

Wendy
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
KeesW wrote:
Will our existing add-ons work with Archicad 10? I've got most of CadImage's programs, plus about 4 from Cigrapgh. Having 2 copies of everything could make the upgrade quite expensive.
Upgrading Encina's add-ons to AC10 will be free. Existing registration codes will simply continue to work as before.

Ralph.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Learn and get certified!