Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

version 13 schedule - snap and grid

Barry Kelly
Is it just me or is anyone else having this problem as well.

I don't work with grids or the grid snap on.
If I create a window schedule (in version 13) with a 3D front elevation image and I go into that image to anotate it the grid and the grid snap both turn on.
So I turn them off, do my annotation and press OK.
Then if I go back into annotate it again the grid and the grid snap both turn on again.

What is controlling this?
It doesn't matter if it is a schedule in the Project Map or one saved as a view in the View Map.

I have seen tthe grid turn on when new elevations or sections are made (but never the grid snap).
And if you turn the grid off then it stays off next time you open the elevation.

Does anyone know how to turn this off or set it as off by default?
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think this is either a programming oversight or just an unhandled issue.
Normally, the various Viewpoints store their own Grid Settings.
But let us say you have a Schedule which lists 200 doors, and each has a 2D Symbol and a 3D Front View drawing. In that case ArchiCAD would have to store these Grid settings for all 400 annotation Viewpoints.
And then what if the order of the scheduled Doors change? How does it remember which annotation viewpoint belongs to which Door? So I think this is not an easy case.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27