Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

viking ranges in .3dwg format?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Viking has 3d models of some of their products. They are listed as .dwg and .dfx, but are actually .3dwg/.3dfx, which archicad is not recognizing (i tried changing to .dwg, no dice).

Is there any way I can import these models?

TIA
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
svenl:

I was able to open one of these files in AC16 (VGCC536-4G.3dwg) by changing the file extension from "3dwg" to "dwg", then using the Open Object... command with the dwg translator 02 for editable import by changing in that translator's Open Options > Convert 3D Solids, Regions and Bodies into GDL objects. The file is slow to open/convert and slow to appear in the object's 3D Window, the 3D Script is 196,287 lines of code, so this part will be a drag on performance. Maybe there is a better way.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brilliant! Thanks.

The only difference in 15 is the option to convert to GDL is located in open extras > 3D Solids

Edit: Is there a way to assign different materials? The object comes through as monochromatic, and is offset from center
Anonymous
Not applicable
Some time ago I found Viking .gsm objects (don´t ask me where, I don´t remember). Take a look at it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
andro55 wrote:
Some time ago I found Viking .gsm objects (don´t ask me where, I don´t remember). Take a look at it.
Thanks!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!