BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

why archicad is not doing well when exporting to autocad?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone i made the project on archicad took from it plans ,elevation and section but it seems that elevation and section when converting from archicad to autocad it seems that there is a lot of problems
first : many point including the line that suppose to be one single line only
--- this leading that pan and zoom in autocad is not good at all it seems to be heavy and can not editing comfortly by this way
please help me i watched the graphisoft videos about exporting and importing dwg , plans in archicad cad do well when exporting to autocad but elevations and sections it is hard to tell that this can lead me to leave archicad because most engineer here care about something that can be presented to building license which must be a clean dwg without problems to those who inspect the drawings.
here is image attached that may can give idea about what i mean please if you have a solution or you experienced it and know what to do please help me to continue loving archicad

44.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
sinceV6
Advocate
Hi. I think your problem has been covered before... quite a lot. Did you even try to search the forum?

Please read the following topics:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=12864&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=wipeout...
especially page 2

and
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=189979&highlight=wipeout#189979

If zooming and panning in CAD is really slow, it sounds like a wipeouts issue. Use qselect in autocad to find wipeouts object type, select them all and erase them. Then check how panning and zooming work. If that's the case, the you need to adjust your export settings.

Best regards.
Anonymous
Not applicable
oh yes i made explode then i make quick select and deleted all wipeouts yes i can breathe now during zooming but can i delete all wipeouts without exploding the drawing because i want the object to be an block in autocad ??
Learn and get certified!