BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

2'-12" in Interactive Schedule?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a simple 2d library part that consist of (among other things) a fill and a length. Many of these objects are placed, at different lengths and a schedule is created from them. When the length (NB=A) is input directly eg. 3'-0" then the piece seems to schedule fine. Other times the piece is stretched manually to meet up with another. I don't know if it is the manual stretching that causes the issue as I haven't been able to purposely replicate the problem but in a few cases since I scripted it the schedule has shown eg. 2'-12" instead of 3'-0". The text shown by the object shows 3'-0" in plan but IS shows it differently. The text script is as follows:

TEXT2 (A-RIGHT_END_DIST), LH/2, STR ("% 0.16ffi ", NB)

I am completely baffled by this! Any thoughts?

Thanks, Doug
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
I think it is just a rounding issue in the schedules.
I have seen the same with roof slopes (i.e. 25° 60') - in all versions so far.
I am not sure there is much you can do about it other than adjust the calculation decimal precision.
But that may affect the look of all the data in your schedules.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply Barry. (sorry so late getting back). I had a feeling it was the accuracy but was hoping one of you gurus would prove me wrong. I send the schedules to Excel and they are printed and reviewed before finalized so it isn't a big deal. I'll probably set up Excel to prompt when this situation occurs. It's pretty rare so it's basically a minor annoyance.

Thanks again,

Doug
Learn and get certified!