Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.
SOLVED!

2D Fill Sync Freezes ArchiCAD 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Guys!

I'm Working on Ceiling Panels for a large number of Rooms, for which purpose I wrote a GH script to automate the drawing. I use a combination of 2D Fills and 3D Slabs for representation both in Plan View as well as in 3D View.

My Problem lies with the Syncing of the 2D Fills. Syncing even a single 2D Fill will freeze my Archicad for several minutes. In comparison any large number of 3D Slabs are instantly synced. Which seems counterintuitive to me as the complexity of both objects seems to behave the other way round. This only happens in large ArchiCad Project Files - in Empty Projects 2D Fills sync instantly.

I'm working with ArchiCAD 23 5005 CHE, as well as the Live Connection 23. Currently I'm unable to upgrade my ArchiCAD as the Office im working with isn't willing to do so yet.

Is this behavior known and related to my Version? Or could it be something on my end, that might be fixable.

Best Regards
Lorin
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you use Slabs with Cover Fills?
Then the same element would be used for both the Slab and the Fill.

The slowness issue does not sound good, I will let GS know about this.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Anonymous
Not applicable
LaszloNagy wrote:

Hey Thanks for your response!

This is what I eventually did try to do. I'm not sure how to construct the slab cover fill within Grasshopper, so I resorted to get the entire slab settings via the "Slab Settings" node. (However it doesn't seem to work with multiple settings for different materials when syncing all objects at once. It seems to pick one of the Slab Settings and apply it to all of the objects.)

Thanks for reporting to Graphisoft! Some more information I forgot to mention for proper reproduction is that im working on MacOS 10.15.7 and Rhino 6.

Best Regards
Lorin
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can set the Slab settings to your desired settings, save it as a Favorite, and use that Favorite in Grasshopper.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Lorin,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry about the issue!

There might be a few reasons why the synchronization freezes Archicad. To investigate further, I would like to kindly ask for your files and the reproduction method for in-house testing. Please let me know if you need a secure place for uploading the files as well.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
LaszloNagy wrote:
You can set the Slab settings to your desired settings, save it as a Favorite, and use that Favorite in Grasshopper.
Ah lovely! Thanks for the tipp!

All the Best,
Lorin
Anonymous
Not applicable
mnguyen wrote:
Dear Lorin,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry about the issue!

There might be a few reasons why the synchronization freezes Archicad. To investigate further, I would like to kindly ask for your files and the reproduction method for in-house testing. Please let me know if you need a secure place for uploading the files as well.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh
Dear Minh

Thanks for your Assistance. I understand that working with the actual files is paramount for bug fixing. However, I'm afraid I did not get Authorization to send out the Project files. I will try if I can reproduce the bug in a dummy-file, and if successful, I will make sure to send you that in the near future.

All the Best
Lorin