BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

2dl files have zero byte file size

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
We are trying to save out our Sun Studies to the 2dl fire format for further merging and editing however all 2dl files turn out to have a 0 byte file size. We've also tried saving single frames from the sound study dialog box and directly from the 3D window but all files are 0 bytes.
I've worked with 2dl files before without any issue but this issue is new to me. Any suggestion or insight is much appreciated. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Bruce
Expert
Ensure your 3D display is using the vectorial engine, not open gl
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have done that - as the option to save to 2dl format is not available when in OpenGL mode.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems that if you are saving out 'Polygons' as opposed to 'None' or 'Edges' , choosing the 'Framed' option creates an invalid [0 bytes] file. A seemingly small but annoying glitch. The problem is not there if you select 'Frameless'
I wonder if this is on the Mac side only.
Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 12.42.23 PM.png
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi emerich,

This is a known issue that appeared in ARCHICAD 20. The fix for it has already been released in ARCHICAD 21 (in the released version), and in the latest update of ARCHICAD 20 (build 7001). Please make sure that you have the latest version installed, and give it another go. If you are still experiencing the issue after the update, let us know, and send us your file as well.

Best of Luck,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Learn and get certified!