Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 22 - SLOWDOWN #01 - SEARCH RESULT ON FAVORITES PALETTES CAME UP PAINFULLY SLOW

Anonymous
Not applicable
Search features used to be speedy on AC 21, even with a big amount of favorites stored (around one thousand favorites stored) on the project.

In AC 22, whenever i try to use the search button on favorites, it will show the search result very very slowly.

It occurs whether you open the favorites from the icon on toolbox, or using a standalone favorites palette.

any clue on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance
-John
11 REPLIES 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
toofuerte wrote:
Yes, I am having a hard time with Archicad is taking a long time to select things come up painfully slow. not just the favorites palette but also the info box in AC 23 before I can do anything it is slowing me down and takes 10-20 times what it should take to do anything.
Hi Gary,

First, I hope you and your loved ones are doing well during these challenging times!

Thank you for your question and I am sorry about the experience!

From your description and previous posts, I'm wondering if the same issue is happening on both AC22 and AC23? Are there any special items/settings in the current template/file that you are working on (large number of favorite items, MVOs, or migrated projects)?

If it's possible, could you share with me the PLA file/project template for a closer look? Let me know if you'll need a secure link to send it!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh.

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Barry Kelly
My company has had issues with a couple of our machines running slow with Archicad 23 - i.e. when trying to select and edit text.

This has helped those machines.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=69454#p309118

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11