Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

AC25 Cabinet Objects

lparke
Contributor
I'm reworking our template favorites for cabinets to incorporate new features of AC25. Perhaps I haven't found it but can you:
1) show dashed lines indicated door swings and shelving behind the doors in 2d elevations
2) at a two segment base cabinet, when I set the lower segment to a double hung door with drawers above I can't figure how to show two drawers side by side above the door panels. It only appears we can have one large drawer.
ArchiCAD v27 (since v11)
MacBook Pro M1 Max, 64GB
macOS Sonoma
30 REPLIES 30
RandyC
Advocate
I am also trying to setup AC25 Cabinet objects so am adding my query to this thread

Where have the edge visibility lines in "2d presentation" gone in AC25 cabinets ? can anyone direct me ?
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
lparke
Contributor
Randy,
Took a little digging the first time but edge visibility is back in 'representation' but it's additive with a check mark. Still a guessing game (at least for me) as far as which side AC considers left and right. You do have to go back to countertop if you want an overhang. Hope this helps.
ArchiCAD v27 (since v11)
MacBook Pro M1 Max, 64GB
macOS Sonoma
RandyC
Advocate
lparke :
Thank you for looking for me -- I found that command but it is the cabinet lines that I need to hide
the countertop lines disappear properly but the cabinets show through , If I change line type or line color to white they still do not show properly / -- looking for a cleaner presentation until I have to sit and design the kitchen --
Randy
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
lparke
Contributor
RandyC:
Ah, yes we're struggling with that as well. Best I can tell the carcass and cabinet lines are defined by the MVO or overridden by object. When you change it by object or by MVO to 'full' both the cabinet and carcass lines show up. To get it to display like AC24 you have to go with 'simplified' but the plumbing fixtures are unacceptable and faucets go away. We haven't found a combination that we can all agree to. I'm trying to work on keeping it 'full' detailed but figure out a way to create a linetype that will appear invisible as an unfortunate work around. Hopefully Graphisoft can jump in here and help us.
ArchiCAD v27 (since v11)
MacBook Pro M1 Max, 64GB
macOS Sonoma
Barry Kelly
lparke wrote:
2) at a two segment base cabinet, when I set the lower segment to a double hung door with drawers above I can't figure how to show two drawers side by side above the door panels. It only appears we can have one large drawer.

You will have to place 2 separate cabinets with single doors it seems.
In 24 you had the option of single, double or triple door cabinets, and the drawers had an option for 1, 2 or 3 (depending on the cabinet chosen).

In 25 it looks like you have a single cabinet with an option for single or double doors (no triple).
And the drawer is just a single unit and that is it.

So it seems you have new improved cabinets that simplify the choice of shape and style and can now stack vertically, but you lose the flexibility of multiple doors/drawers and in Randy's case the ability to turn of the cabinet side lines.
Randy's only option it seems to me, is so long as he is using a separate slab for the bench top is to add a cover fill to that slab (then bring drawers, dishwasher, under bench oven forward in display order), or hide the cabinets in a layer that gets turned off in plan view.

I would contact your local Archicad support people and ask them to add these options back in.
I have never used Graphisoft cabinets.
I was looking at them to see if maybe I could.
I won't be - I'll stick to my own.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you all very much for the questions and your concerns regarding the new cabinet objects!

The new cabinets are completely reworked from the ground up. These new cabinets truly work differently compared to old cabinets. There are a lot more parameters to set. Saving them as favorite objects (with preferred styles, dimensions, segments, taps etc.) can make them easier to use.

I will try to answer all of your questions below:
lparke wrote:
I'm reworking our template favorites for cabinets to incorporate new features of AC25. Perhaps I haven't found it but can you:
1) show dashed lines indicated door swings and shelving behind the doors in 2d elevations
If I understand it correctly, what you want is to show dash lines for opening door swing? In the screenshot below you can find this option under Kitchen Cabinet Settings > Representation > 2D Representation

lparke wrote:
Unfortunately, that is correct. In the new object, somehow the drawer cannot be split into multiple segments. Unfortunately, the best option I could think of is modeling 2 separate cabinets, or set the upper cabinet to have Double Hung door. It's not entirely correct but will provide an adequate representation in 3D. I will ask the developers about it. We will surely keep improving these objects in the future release.

RandyC wrote:
lparke :
Thank you for looking for me -- I found that command but it is the cabinet lines that I need to hide
the countertop lines disappear properly but the cabinets show through , If I change line type or line color to white they still do not show properly / -- looking for a cleaner presentation until I have to sit and design the kitchen --
Randy
Hi Randy, I'm not sure if this is the option you are looking for:

When you tick the boxes Hide ... Edge, you can control the linetype of the hidden edge with this option. Choosing the dotted line will fully hide the line in floor plan.

If you have any further questions with the cabinet objects, just let me know!
Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

RandyC
Advocate
This works if both the cabinet lines and carcass lines are set to white
this seems like a workaround and not an intended method - It was previously a simple
switch on or off -- I will try it on all cabinets and see if it works for them as well
RandyC
Advocate
Nope - doesn't look right and cannot add or take ends away (no control)
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Randy,

Thank you very much for your input!

May I ask for a small PLN file from your side to better understanding the situation? I'm a bit confused by the dashed black and white lines. Are they the lines of the cabinet frame itself?
Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT