Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD 21 Update 6000 Preview released

Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

Today we have made the preview version of our next ARCHICAD, BIM Server and BIMcloud 21 Updates available. We have tested the packages with the AUS, INT, NZE, UKI and USA versions so far and they all passed our Quality Control.

This package is only compatible with the above language versions. If you attempt to install it on a different language version, you will get an error message about this.

We will create a Public update compatible with all language versions in a few weeks time. If the two will differ, it will be possible to update from the Preview package to the Public one without a problem.

You can read the Release Notes and download the packages from here: Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
37 REPLIES 37
I have been having serious issues with the railing tool since the update.

2018-03-30-23-07-48-8176 bug id

edit:
I can reproduce a crash on multiple files it seems to be the railing plus roofs. I do use a modified library, however i do not or have not modified the railing tool objects. 5021 had no issues with this
Eduardo Rolon
DWG Translator comes up blank and the only way to exit is to force quit AC
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

I just tried opening the DWG Translator on my Window machine to see if I got the same result, and my outcome was a crash/bug reporter. I can understand some exotic sequence of keystrokes causing a crash, but is it really too much to expect that GS would try each of the basic menu commands to see if it works before labeling testing "complete"?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
DGSketcher
Legend
Dragging dimension text placed "within line" moves the text but leaves the broken dimension lines.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same her opening the DWG Translator on my Window machine: a crash/bug reporter.
Barry Kelly
DGSketcher wrote:
Dragging dimension text placed "within line" moves the text but leaves the broken dimension lines.
Hasn't Archicad always done this?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
DGSketcher
Legend
Barry, I have checked back and as you have indicated it would appear to be a legacy issue. Not sure why I've just picked up on it, perhaps the complexity of dimensions on my current project. I still think it's something that needs fixed. These kind of basic bugs should have been eradicated a long time ago...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
SenecaDesignLLC wrote:
I have been having serious issues with the railing tool since the update.

2018-03-30-23-07-48-8176 bug id

edit:
I can reproduce a crash on multiple files it seems to be the railing plus roofs. I do use a modified library, however i do not or have not modified the railing tool objects. 5021 had no issues with this
Hi,

Could you elaborate on this a little bit? I tried to reproduce it by placing a roof and a railing associated on it, but it didn't crash for me. I would need to reproduce it in order to fix it.

What platform are you on? Windows 10?
What are the steps you have to make to reproduce the crash?
When does it crash? when placing a railing? When editing its settings?
Could you send me a file that you can reproduce it with (in a PM), and also tell me the exact steps I have to make in the file to reproduce it?

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
ejrolon wrote:
DWG Translator comes up blank and the only way to exit is to force quit AC
Richard wrote:
I just tried opening the DWG Translator on my Window machine to see if I got the same result, and my outcome was a crash/bug reporter...
Hi guys,

Thanks for the report! I don't know how we missed this, but I will make sure we fix this before the release.

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT