Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD 21 Update 6000 Preview released

Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

Today we have made the preview version of our next ARCHICAD, BIM Server and BIMcloud 21 Updates available. We have tested the packages with the AUS, INT, NZE, UKI and USA versions so far and they all passed our Quality Control.

This package is only compatible with the above language versions. If you attempt to install it on a different language version, you will get an error message about this.

We will create a Public update compatible with all language versions in a few weeks time. If the two will differ, it will be possible to update from the Preview package to the Public one without a problem.

You can read the Release Notes and download the packages from here: Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
37 REPLIES 37
dkovacs wrote:
Thanks for the report! I don't know how we missed this, but I will make sure we fix this before the release.

Thanks,
Personally, I would find it helpful to know if there is an easier way to roll back the installation to the previous version than doing an uninstall/reinstall/update. This is a huge time waster. If so, it should be posted in "Help."
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
dkovacs wrote:
SenecaDesignLLC wrote:
I have been having serious issues with the railing tool since the update.

2018-03-30-23-07-48-8176 bug id

edit:
I can reproduce a crash on multiple files it seems to be the railing plus roofs. I do use a modified library, however i do not or have not modified the railing tool objects. 5021 had no issues with this
Hi,

Could you elaborate on this a little bit? I tried to reproduce it by placing a roof and a railing associated on it, but it didn't crash for me. I would need to reproduce it in order to fix it.

What platform are you on? Windows 10?
What are the steps you have to make to reproduce the crash?
When does it crash? when placing a railing? When editing its settings?
Could you send me a file that you can reproduce it with (in a PM), and also tell me the exact steps I have to make in the file to reproduce it?

Thanks,
I am on mac osx high sierra, It must be my file or something with my library. I completely uninstalled archicad and reinstalled it and still the same issue in all my files. I will try one more time otherwise i will have to send my library and a file.

If i place a railing associative or not for more than three consecutive clicks it crashes, if i modify a roof that has it attached it crashes, literally any modification i do to the railing crashes. I will update once i have tried again
SenecaDesignLLC wrote:
dkovacs wrote:
SenecaDesignLLC wrote:

edit:
I can reproduce a crash on multiple files it seems to be the railing plus roofs. I do use a modified library, however i do not or have not modified the railing tool objects. 5021 had no issues with this
Hi,

Could you elaborate on this a little bit? I tried to reproduce it by placing a roof and a railing associated on it, but it didn't crash for me. I would need to reproduce it in order to fix it.

What platform are you on? Windows 10?
What are the steps you have to make to reproduce the crash?
When does it crash? when placing a railing? When editing its settings?
Could you send me a file that you can reproduce it with (in a PM), and also tell me the exact steps I have to make in the file to reproduce it?

Thanks,
I am on mac osx high sierra, It must be my file or something with my library. I completely uninstalled archicad and reinstalled it and still the same issue in all my files. I will try one more time otherwise i will have to send my library and a file.

If i place a railing associative or not for more than three consecutive clicks it crashes, if i modify a roof that has it attached it crashes, literally any modification i do to the railing crashes. I will update once i have tried again

I Think i have narrowed it down to a custom profile for the rail inside the segment settings. I tried to set another railing and it was fine, and even had no issues with changing to a custom profile. but if i place a railing with a custom profile that seems to be the cause of the crash. sometimes when i place it, sometimes when i modify it. no issues on 5021.

most recent sent bug id . 2018-04-05-01-52-30-7913

I did all of this in a clean file but with my favorites loaded my library loaded and three custom profiles. it took about 5 or 6 attempts of editing before it actually crashed. I have not been able to get it to crash with any of the default archicad items. it seems that it must be something with my setup and custom profiles in railing

I have to revert now back to 5021 but let me know what else or how else i can help, Hopefully someone else is having this issue and its not just my stuff...
Barry Kelly
Richard wrote:
Personally, I would find it helpful to know if there is an easier way to roll back the installation to the previous version than doing an uninstall/reinstall/update. This is a huge time waster. If so, it should be posted in "Help."
When I remember, I duplicate (copy) the Archicad program folder and then re-name it with the original build.
Then update the program.
If I ever need to go back I can just manually run the version I want or I can rename the folders to have the one I want run automatically (i.e. associated with PLN file type).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry wrote:
Richard wrote:
When I remember, I duplicate (copy) the Archicad program folder and then re-name it with the original build.
Then update the program.
If I ever need to go back I can just manually run the version I want or I can rename the folders to have the one I want run automatically (i.e. associated with PLN file type).

Barry.
i am going to try this with mac now. this will make testing things so much nicer!!!!
SenecaDesignLLC wrote:
Barry wrote:
Richard wrote:
Then update the program.

Barry.
i am going to try this with mac now. this will make testing things so much nicer!!!!

I can confirm that this works on mac as well. A simple folder rename and you can toggle between any version respectively.

Edit:
I did however have to go back and change my default to the previous version for opening apps
Barry wrote:
Then update the program.

Barry.
Thanks, Barry! Although I guess I'm surprised that such a basic approach would work. I always assumed that there would be stuff buried in the Registry or User Data files somewhere that would cause problems.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Eduardo Rolon
and here's another bug.
Open AC
Select Browse for Solo Project
When Finder Window opens hit cancel
AC will freeze.
---
I expect that I should get Beta Points for testing this.
Last time I install a preview version
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

DGSketcher
Legend
Has the QA manager at GSHQ retired? AC is becoming exponentially buggy. Not those bugs that crash and you know something went wrong, but a steady stream of irritations and display errors. I just swapped a composite wall type, at which point the door in the wall has changed the zero value I had for "Sill to wall base" to 2040mm so the door is now through the roof. I have a layout that won't recognise the drawing extents to do "Fit to frame" correctly, the whole of the drawing is displayed correctly, but the layout frame is smaller!?. The same view settings work fine on other layouts. I am also getting intermittent wall connection failures where simple composite wall corner connections stop working on plan. And finally automatic dimensions which are sufficiently unstable e.g. moving and vanishing nodes that have forced me to question whether I can trust the "automatic" mode.

Come on GS you can do better than this and you need to with Revit breathing down you neck!

Rant over... for now.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
SenecaDesignLLC wrote:

edit:
Hello All,

Luckily with the help of your feedback we could track down the source of this crash, and fix it. In the final version this crash shouldn't be present. Please let me know if you happen to experience the same crash with the final version anyways!

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit