Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AUTHENTIC ISOMETRIC IN ARCHICAD?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am currently exploring the Isometric perspective setting in Archicad 14. I need my result to be an authentic, 30 degree X, 30 degree Y, 90 degree Z, scaled drawing. However, when I input these values into the 3D perspective dialogue box, I end up getting something that isn't quite right (If I were doing this by hand, I would be measuring the length and height of my cabinets on this 30/90 degree axis and there would be no difference in distortion from the x axis to the y axis. I am counting on Archicad to create this drawing for me instead of drawing the whole thing in lines as the other students in my class are doing in CAD. Please take a look at the attached 3D capture.

I am using a Mac operating system 10.6.6 with Archicad 14.

Screen shot 2011-03-08 at 6.46.44 PM.png
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi darra

I drew a slab 1000mm high, 1000mm wide x 2000mm long, went to 3D axo view and changed the X, Y and Z angles to 30, 150 and 90 degrees respectively, but then had to change all the "h" lengths to 1000 also (they started off fairly random). The resulting image was a true scaleable isometric. Check your "h" values (may be different if you're working in feet and inches)
Picture 3.png
Rod Jurich
Contributor
I use this method a lot. Set your camera as shown.
To get the best view you will need to move the camera
according to your placement of elements.
That is 0º, 90º, 180º, 270º
Iso Axo settings.png
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
s2art wrote:
...but then had to change all the "h" lengths to 1000 also (they started off fairly random). The resulting image was a true scaleable isometric. Check your "h" values (may be different if you're working in feet and inches)

That's the key to it right there. It has to be 1000mm in metric or the equivalent (3'-3 3/8") in imperial.

A good template will have these set up as the default axonometric settings, and of course any related views.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah, select isometric from presets, change Azimuth to 90 (or -90) and other angles set themselves. I was wondering why random values came up by default for what is supposed to be an isometric.
Link wrote:
A good template will have these set up as the default axonometric settings, and of course any related views.

Cheers,
Link.
Must get me one of those.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much for your help. I couldn't find instructions anywhere in reference to the X, Y + Z dimensions (1000mm) and I now have a great looking and accurate iso. I am also very thankful for such a prompt reply.

Darra
Anonymous
Not applicable
Please lee me know how to mark dimensions on isometric view on archicad 12
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
IWAJITH:

You can create a 3D Document. In the Help files see: Virtual Building : ArchiCAD Model Views : 3D Document.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14