cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Design forum

Add ability to hide windows and doors without hiding their host walls

Tomek Piatek
Advocate

Sometimes I need to show just the walls, without the windows or doors. Currently there is no way to do this. If I hide windows/doors that also hides the host wall. I'd like to be able to hide windows/doors without hiding their host walls.

This wish is particularly important if you work a lot, like I do, with prefabricated and panellised walls. I have a workaround for this but I don't like it as it imposes extra work and as with all workarounds I have to be careful not to break it.

Pushing the boundaries of local time/space continuum since 1972.
Archicad 26 | iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) | 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 24 GB | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB | macOS 12.6

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Solution
Mahmoud Qenawi
Advisor

Hi @Tomek Piatek, I’m sure You can hide W&D in floor plan via Document > Model View > Model View Options > Construction Element Options then from Door and Window drop down list choose Hide on Floor Plan.

In 3D View you can hide them via View > Elements in 3D View > Filter and Cut Elements in 3D then from ( Element Types to Show in 3D ) uncheck Door & Window, I hope it helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Stuart_Clark
Contributor

This is already possible using the Model View Options filter in Archicad.

Solution
Mahmoud Qenawi
Advisor

Hi @Tomek Piatek, I’m sure You can hide W&D in floor plan via Document > Model View > Model View Options > Construction Element Options then from Door and Window drop down list choose Hide on Floor Plan.

In 3D View you can hide them via View > Elements in 3D View > Filter and Cut Elements in 3D then from ( Element Types to Show in 3D ) uncheck Door & Window, I hope it helps.

This is exactly what I wanted. I always forget about that 3D filter. Thanks!

Pushing the boundaries of local time/space continuum since 1972.
Archicad 26 | iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) | 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 | 24 GB | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB | macOS 12.6

Didn't find the answer? Start a new discussion

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!