Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Allow 3rd party cookies

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, this is a super basic and frustrating issue, am trying to log into myArchicad, but keep getting turned around with "
"In order to log in, you must allow 3rd party cookies."

All cookie options are ticked in the Cookie Settings. Just need to log in to renew student license. Any ideas?
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Chris,

Thank you for sharing the issue and I am very sorry about the experience!

From your description, it is unknown to us which settings you are using with your browser. We had this issue reported first on macOS when the user was trying to login to MyArchiCAD using Safari back in February. I believed this issue has been solved, but I am not so sure.

If you are indeed trying to login using Safari, could you try with another browser (for example Chrome or Firefox), and log in to see if the problem is still happening with these browsers.

Let me know if this helps. Thank you very much, and have a nice weekend!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Minh,
Thanks for your reply, yes I am using MacOS Mojave, with Safari.
I don't have another browser, but could try getting one.
Screen shot here to show the cookie boxes ticked. No worries, it's not an issue with your site, something I need to sort out on my computer by the sounds of things.

Thanks
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Chris,

You can try the following options:
- Enable cookies for the browser (https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/31667/)
- Try another browser (Chrome for example)

If using Chrome does not solve the issue, try this:
In Chrome:
- Enter this line in the address bar: chrome://flags/#same-site-by-default-cookies
- Set it to disabled. Restart the browser.

I hope this will help you to log in to the site. Let me know the result of it!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Minh,

I downloaded Chrome, and it worked no problems at all, so must be some issue with Safari.

Thanks for your help,

Chris
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! Have the same problem. Cant access my account in Safari, when I try enter my password and username it redirect me to main page without login. When im using Chrome and allow 3rd party cookies its comes with error "too many redirects".
When I do this:
"If using Chrome does not solve the issue, try this:
In Chrome:
- Enter this line in the address bar: chrome://flags/#same-site-by-default-cookies
- Set it to disabled. Restart the browser."

Its also comes with error "too many redirects"

Best regards,
Olga
stefan
Expert
I had to use Microsoft Edge in Windows running in Parallels to access the page. I avoid to install Chrome on my Mac (but so many web developers seem to only care for Chrome).
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
mikas
Expert
I don't know if this is related, but I am unable to log in to bimcomponents with Safari. Chrome works ok. It's been that way for a long time allready. I use Safari for everything else, so no problem with other sites though. MacOS Mojave, Safari 14.0.
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
mikas wrote:
I don't know if this is related, but I am unable to log in to bimcomponents with Safari. Chrome works ok. It's been that way for a long time allready. I use Safari for everything else, so no problem with other sites though. MacOS Mojave, Safari 14.0.
Hello,

Thank you for your question!

If I remember correctly, on Safari, Apple implemented some stricter rules regarding website tracking. It seems to affect BIMcomponents here, as it gets the credential information via graphisoftid.graphisoft.com from a new tab.

To get around this and get BIMcomponents running on Safari, please open Safari's Preferences > Privacy tab > untick "Prevent cross-site tracking". After that, signing in with BIMcomponents should work.

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if it works on your end!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

mikas
Expert
Thanks Minh. It worked.
As a side effect, of course, I do have cross-site tracking active now.
😉
I'll let it be and live dangerously.
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS