Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 24 Slabs Home Story and floor plan

Barry Kelly
The slab itself (perimeter) has to be shown on the home storey.
There is no way to turn it off.
The cover fill can be turned off on the home storey with the custom options.

If you never want the slab to show on the actual storey (above storey) why not just place it in the storey below and use that as it home storey?
Either that or use layer combinations as you have mentioned.

If this is going to cause a scheduling problem with the slab in the 'wrong' storey, then create a specific storey just for the floor slabs.
You may never view this storey in your plans, but you can decide whether the slabs show above and/or below this storey in your actual plan views that you will use.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think it will always show on the Home Story. This is why there is no checkbox for it for you to uncheck.
The "Home Story" checkbox you uncheck in the "Custom Settings" Dialog controls the display of the Cover Fill of the Slab, not the Slab Outline polygon itself.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Eduardo Rolon
Hello i want to know if there is a way to only show (and interact with) slabs on 1 floor below the home story? like now we can do with beams because that is basic for structural plans. We have a a way to fix this but requires the use of combinations of layers by floors and if possible I would like to avoid it. Basicaly if i put a slab on a second floor, i want it to only show and be selected on the first floor. now i have the option to select show in stories custom, and i select the options for 1 floor below and deselect home story but it keep showing it also in the home story! and worse i can select it from both floors and that can be a big problem.

Thank you very much and would you really appreciate some ideas?
Original post for reference after banning user for link spam
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator