Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 24 & 23 Update Previews Released

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

Today we have made available the latest preview versions of Archicad 24 4000 & Archicad 23 6000 Updates. We have created and tested packages for the INT, AUS, NZE, UKI, USA, GER & AUT language versions.

The Preview Updates are only available for the above language versions. If you attempt to install them on a different language version, you will get an error message about this.
We will create Public Update packages for all languages in the upcoming weeks. It will be possible to update from a Preview package to a Public one without a problem.

You can read the Release Notes and download the packages from here.

We discovered a regression issue with Model Compare that is affecting Archicad 24 Update Preview. However we plan to fix it on the final version of the Update.

Should you have any questions or feedback, please let me know!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

22 REPLIES 22
gpowless
Advocate
Unfortunately I can't send you the bugid. There have been so many that I don't hardly comment anymore since I can't be sure what I was doing that might have caused the issue.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you for the information! If you sent the crash reports about editing MEP previously, and the bugID appeared in the end, these bugIDs are logged in a text file called SubmissionLog.txt. This file is located at:

On Windows 10: C:\Users\<user>\GRAPHISOFT
On macOS: <user home>/Library/Logs

Could you share with me this file? Maybe we can find something from the crash reports.

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

gpowless
Advocate
Hi,

The SubmissionLog.txt can be found here on my OneDrive folder:
https://powlessathome-my.sharepoint.com/:t:/g/personal/gregg_powlessathome_onmicrosoft_com/ESBpSezsa...
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you very much for the file!

I checked all the crashes that happened since the update 4000 and found out that:
- 3 of them are related to an unknown source
- 1 has something to do with graphics card issue. Maybe it's worth checking your graphics card drivers to make sure everything is up-to-date
- A big portion of the crashes traced back to KERNELBASE.dll.

Since we only receive reports coming from your side, I'm afraid there must be something wrong with your computer only.

To investigate further, would you mind answering some initial questions?
- Is it happening with only one/some files, or it is happening with any files?
- Can we reproduce it with a blank template file?
- Although you already mentioned that it is difficult to pinpoint the exact cause of this issue, I would be very grateful if there is a stable method to reproduce the crash, with your given files or with a new file.

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

gpowless
Advocate
I have only been working on projects for the last couple of months that were started in AC23 or earlier.

Graphic card drivers are up to date. Windows build is 19401.

If the issue is related to Kernalbase.dll then isn't that an AC24 compatibility issue?

ADDED in EDIT:
Something that just came to mind. During BETA testing I noticed an issue with CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe crashing AC24Beta. If I stopped the task AC24Beta didn't have issues but if I left it running AC24Beta would eventually randomly crash. I reported it but it didn't seem to go anywhere. The ticket was closed without any input.

In previous versions of AC24R1 and full release I didn't have a problem. I have made some hardware changes (replaced C: terrabyte harddrive with an terrabyte SSD but before it was before update AC24 4000.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you very much for the information!

I opened a support case in our system and forward your comments to the developers. We will try to see what could cause those crashes. As soon as I have an answer I will let you know!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
gpowless wrote:
I have only been working on projects for the last couple of months that were started in AC23 or earlier.

Graphic card drivers are up to date. Windows build is 19401.

If the issue is related to Kernalbase.dll then isn't that an AC24 compatibility issue?

ADDED in EDIT:
Something that just came to mind. During BETA testing I noticed an issue with CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe crashing AC24Beta. If I stopped the task AC24Beta didn't have issues but if I left it running AC24Beta would eventually randomly crash. I reported it but it didn't seem to go anywhere. The ticket was closed without any input.

In previous versions of AC24R1 and full release I didn't have a problem. I have made some hardware changes (replaced C: terrabyte harddrive with an terrabyte SSD but before it was before update AC24 4000.
Hello,

Our developers checked the crash reports. Based on the reports only they could not identify the cause of the crash. We will need a model (and possible reproduction steps) to investigate it further.

We fixed an MEP related crash earlier. Unfortunately, there are many models already saved with incorrect model data. If this is the same issue, saving and reopening the saved model - before applying any modification - should fix the issue.

Please let me know if this is the case. Thank you very much!
Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

gpowless
Advocate
Archicad caused a system hang.

Faulting application name: ARCHICAD.exe, version: 24.0.0.4000, time stamp: 0x5f71e5b6
Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.8.4250.0, time stamp: 0x5f2a059c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000669ff0
Faulting process id: 0x3738
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6bf4330e394ab
Faulting application path: L:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD 24\ARCHICAD.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Report Id: 9ffa7d03-b5a1-435a-ae35-0d804988b9dd
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi again,

Thank you for the report!

Could you let me know what happened before Archicad caused this issue? When you said "system hang", does that mean Archicad starting caused the whole system to freeze? Could you elaborate more on that?

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

gpowless
Advocate
As I mentioned earlier it appears to be at random. There was nothing specific that was happening before the system hang. (20 minutes of unable to move cursor switch windows or access task manager for a specific shut down but from the Event Manager report above AC24 caused the system-wide hang.

I have noticed on many occasions that AC24 has these stalls that usually occurs when switching windows within the view map. AC24 will often just stop for sometimes 10-20 seconds as if updating gets stuck in a loop, then it recovers and will be fine for a while before it happens again. This is always in projects that have been opened with the repair option.

Sorry I can't be more specific.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g