BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Archiforma Alternative, custom object resources

hgihm
Newcomer

Hello,

I am currently working to optimize our workflow within the studio, and would like to reduce our dependence on external cad modelling programs (i.e. Rhino). While I recognize and appreciate the extreme advancements such as the grasshopper live-link, there are many factors that make these processes unusable for us.

The main problem I would like to solve is in regard to custom objects. We currently do not have the expertise within our studio to pursue GDL scripting, and have resorted to using beams/columns/slabs/etc. to create custom built-in furniture pieces as well as custom loose-furniture pieces (as the alternative to Rhino/VisualArq/Grasshopper).

I have scoured the web and found that there have been successful plug-in solutions in the past, namely Archiforma 2. However, I can see that support for this program ended with Archicad 17, and I am skeptical its utility with AC24+. Is there a reason why programs like this don't exist any longer? Is there one that I am unaware of?

Best,

1 REPLY 1

My guess is that keeping users happy and support is why they have disappeared.

I hate usings add ONS, that's what drove me to learn gdl.

Once you learn the basics it's pretty easy.

I usually end up coding objects because it takes just as long as modeling them.

I know it's not the answer to your question but I strongly suggest diving into gdl.

Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!