BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

BUG: Application query prevents Updating of array parameters

Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi everyone,

In this thread https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=66012&start=10 I have discovered that you apply an "APPLICATION_QUERY" for updating an array parameter (to eliminate an index item) using this code:

n = APPLICATION_QUERY ("PARAMETER_SCRIPT", "FIRSTOCCASION_IN_PROGRESS", _isFirstRun)
The arrays will not update, and thus, the values stored in the original array will always stay, even when you follow the standard indications of Dynamic Array object.
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
1 REPLY 1
Podolsky
Ace
How I understand this command - when you open object settings, ArchiCAD reads all relevant scripts. First Master script, then 2D or 3D script, then parameter script and UI script.
When you change a value of any parameter or press the button in UI, ArchiCAD reads Parameter script second time.
This request tells you - is it the first run of Parameter script or not. I'm not sure how it can prevent updating anything, only if you use variable _isFirstRun in some conditions.
Learn and get certified!