BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Chamfer selects and greys out "select all corners"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why does my chamfer dialogue box automatically select and then grey out "apply to all corners" ? I only want to chamfer one corner.

Obviously can pretty easily edit with other tools but first time attempting to chamfer on ACAD and wish to know what's up

Trying to chamfer a rectangular slab- if that is possible.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi There

1. Probrably it automatically save the previous action from pet palette functions(in this case, your action was using "chamfer function"), so when you want to do the next action, it's automatically editing operation using "chamfer function". you can press ""Esc"" on the keyboard to get out of this, and change other functions you need.

2. on the chamfer dialogue box, you have to unclick "apply to all corners" at the bottom left corner of the dialogue box.

3. yes, it's possible to chamfer slab.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am selecting the chamfer tool from the edit>reshape menu - I don't even note the chamfer function being on the pet palette. And I see the checkbox to deselect the apply to all corners option, that checkbox is selected and "greyed out" or locked in that mode. How do I unlock it?

Thanks

T
Anonymous
Not applicable
KCW wrote:
I am selecting the chamfer tool from the edit>reshape menu
There's your problem. Selecting from the menu means ArchiCAD doesn't know which corner(s) to chamfer so it will only do all of them. Use the pet palette, select the fillet tool and check the chamfer box.
__archiben
Booster
KCW wrote:
And I see the checkbox to deselect the apply to all corners option, that checkbox is selected and "greyed out" or locked in that mode. How do I unlock it?
the chamfer dialogue is probably remembering your last setting - as other people have mentioned - but it might be greyed out because you have 'grouping' enabled and the element(s) is/are a part of a group: you cannot make 'reshape' modifications to grouped elements when grouping is enabled. suspend groups and give it another go . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sometimes this Forum is so helpful....

I take everything back. Thanks for your help.

Tad
Learn and get certified!