Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Code Snippet management

Erich
Contributor
Do any of you use any outside programs for GDL code snippet management? Searching through my parts for that piece of code that fits my current needs, just isn't cutting it anymore.

I have found, and am currently trying, a program called CodeBox that seems fairly good (and has fantastic developer response). Does anyone have other ideas (Mac based)?

Also, if anyone else is using CodeBox, do you have a TextMate .tmTheme for it that works for GDL (to provide syntax highlighting)?
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
16 REPLIES 16
owen
Newcomer
OK so I emailed the developer (Vadim) and whilst you cannot add languages yourself he did say:
"There is no way to add the new highlight into CodeBox manually.
However, I would add it myself if you share .tmSyntax with me.

So the next version of the app would bring support for GDL snippets "
So if i manage to get a syntax working it may make it into Codeboxs' language library. A little daunting!
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Joachim Suehlo
Advisor
Thank You Owen for sharing your work with us.
Great Job!
Code Collapsing is a great feature for overlooking the Code;
if you are writing disciplined code (e.g. in the coordinate transformations)
Joachim Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 13.5 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de
owen
Newcomer
Updated:

- Small fix to regex used to identify keyword boundaries via adjacent whitespace characters. Should now correctly work with only single whitespace between keywords

cheers,

owen
cheers,

Owen Sharp

runxel
Legend
There is another great (if not the best) editor out there, called Sublime Text. It runs on all platforms.

I made a package that gives you syntax highlighting, auto completion and snippets. Please look at the Github page for more detailed infos.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
owen
Newcomer
runxel,

this is really great .. something like this should have been built into the AC GDL editor a long time ago

almost makes me want to dust of an unfinished GDL project and finish it
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Joachim Suehlo
Advisor
Runxel,
great editor with great features,
great job, well done!
Scripting makes really fun.

Joachim
Joachim Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 13.5 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de
runxel
Legend
owen wrote:
this is really great .. something like this should have been built into the AC GDL editor a long time ago

almost makes me want to dust of an unfinished GDL project and finish it 🙂
Hello Owen!
Thank you very much for your commendation (my warmest thanks to you too, Jochen, of course!).
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»