BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex Profile Pens in Section

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Regardless of the settings (setting the pen of an edge within Profile Editor/cut lines within the "Profile - uniform contours" panel of the Profile Manager/"Apply Structure's Settings" or custom pen settings within the Tool dialog) ALL the pens of Complex Profiles within the Section/Elevation windows are Pen 1. I can't seem to control this, which is odd considering the complex settings of the Profile Manager. Is this a bug or am I missing a checkbox somewhere?

Note: No problems with line types in the Section/Elevation windows, and differing Materials of individual edges are correct in the 3D window.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
7 REPLIES 7
TomWaltz
Participant
What is the Cut pen of your section set to?
Tom Waltz
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Pen 2 -- Although it doesn't really matter (as I said, regardless of the settings, the cutlines are always Pen 1) -- LJY
TomWaltz
Participant
I just thought maybe the Section marker was overriding the cut pens.

What is the Override button in the Profile Manager set to? Maybe it's related?
Tom Waltz
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Also Pen 2 -- I haven't experimented on any other computers -- maybe it's a problem with this particular installation -- I'll give it a go on my laptop tonite and see if the problem repeats -- LJY.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Tom -- your suspicion was correct -- came in this morning with a clear head this morning and realized there was an errant Section Marker with its cutline set to Pen 1 -- I guess it's just a case at staring at the problem for so long and overlooking the obvious (which, of course, is always the cause) -- thanks for your help.
TomWaltz
Participant
I've had that feeling... you're sure you checked it, you're sure you double checked it... the next morning, it's not set how you thought it was. It's like someone snuck in and changed it last night...
Tom Waltz
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
exactly!
Learn and get certified!