Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex Profiles: Can Offset Modifiers move a complex shape?

4hotshoes
Advisor
I have a complex shape in a profile that I want to move in connection with other stretches parts, but I don't think I can do it if I have multiple stretch points. Any ideas to make it work?
It might include a combination of Stretch Modifiers and Offset Modifiers.

I would love to have a way to "freeze" a shape and move the whole shape with a single control point. This would grant even more power to the user to create more complex adjustable complex profiles with greater ease.
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you post a sketch of what you are trying to achieve?
4hotshoes
Advisor
I noticed that I forgot to share an image example. I was Abel to get this to work with a combination of stretch modifiers and offset modifiers. But still, I would like to be able to make a profile more complex and adjustable for multiple uses. Defining a shape as a "block" to be moved by a single reference point would be wonderful. Or maybe nesting shapes... oo!
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok. I see.
Instead of creating a Stretch Modifier (SM) to control the height of the main board, you could activate the Height Stretch Lines and place them below the top fixed profile. I'm pretty sure the other SM will work fine.
Hope that helps.