BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curtain Wall Custom Panel - Butt Glazed

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

Is it possible to create a butt glazed curtain wall custom panel? ie a custom panel that sits in front of the frame and overlaps the mullions. We have a butt glazed (non-captive) curtain wall system and need to model in custom panel for exhaust louvers, however we want these panels to overlap the frame the same way the glazing does, so as to keep a consistent line with the glazing. Currently, as soon as I change a panel to the custom panel that I modelled, it resizes the panel to fit within frames, rather than overlapping the frames as the glazing does.

Any help would be much appreciated, I'll try to upload a section explaining the issue.

Thanks, Jake
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is a quick sketch to help illustrate the problem.

On the left is how it should look, on the right is the result Archicad is giving me. Any ideas?
Lingwisyer
Guru
In edit mode, is there an offset setting if you select the adjacent frames?

Alternatively, if you open the script and replace the A and B variables in the scripts, assuming the automated script uses them, with the values of your vent size that should keep it from adjusting to the hole size.

Pretty sure all of the "save as [element]..." options use these two variables and stretch the object according to these to match the hole they are placed in.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank Ling,

Unfortunately the offset doesn't seem to work. This is the 'd' dimension in the frame settings, changing doesn't affect the custom panel at all. It doesn't even change the standard panel adjacent to it which is a bit strange.

I might have a look at the script but I've never really delved into the world of scripting so not sure how I'll go.

Cheers
Learn and get certified!