BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curtain Wall Panel Element ID

Anonymous
Not applicable
For enlarged elevations, we tag each curtain wall panel with type. I'm using the new panel classes in Archicad 22 to create all of my panel types, set the element ID in the panel types to be consistent with our legend, then I label them on the elevation quickly.

The issue is that the element IDs keep changing for seemingly no reason? I copy curtain wall panels around to preserve the scheme/panel system, but each time I do that, it changes all of the id's in the panel settings.

For example, I set up a panel in the curtain wall setting with an Element ID "GL1c", meaning every time I use that panel class, I want the panel to have that ID. If I copy the curtain wall, and open the settings on the new curtain wall, the panel id under settings may have a) stayed the same, b) changed the number randomly to something like "GL8c", or c) defaulted to the standard Element ID for curtain wall panels.

I checked to make sure that "Assign new Element ID's" is turned off in my work environment.

Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
We're doing the same here. Be sure to create Favourites of all your panel and frame classes and assign the IDs there so that they "stick".

It took some time to make sure that alll the classes were declared and fovorited, but once that's done, it becomes pretty easy to enjoy using the tool.

At long last.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Also, make sure that in the "Edit>Element Settings>Element Transfer Settings" Dialog, "ID" is checked to be transferred for Curtain Walls. Otherwise, if you are ALT-click one Panel, then CTRL-ALT-click to another Panel to transfer Panel settings from one Panel to another will not transfer the ID.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!