Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom GDL objects for FREE

Anonymous
Not applicable
Each month Master Script will make a customized ArchiCAD object completely free of charge! You can send in your request and each month one of them will be developed by Master Script.
The ArchiCAD object will be available on the website http://www.masterscript.nl and it will be posted on the Object-Depository of Archi-Talk.

Send your request via the contact form (http://www.masterscript.nl/9403/index.html). State clearly what the object should do and how the representation should be in different views.
Leave your e-mail address for any communications about the object.
102 REPLIES 102
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here another example what you can do with the Label Multileader object.
Dennis Lee
Booster
Master Script,

Sorry I was busy due to a deadline, so I didn't have a chance to look at the object until now. I believe it's very nice indeed. The way to place additional arrows are very interesting, and it works very well.

One thing that could make it easier to use though, would be to make the default placement method to be similar to the text label process. First click - start of arrow head - Second click - middle of leader, Third click - end of leader / start of text box (Finish placing the object). Also, it would help if the default position of the text box was vertical center of the first line of the text.

The only other improvement that I guess would be to be able to just double click and edit the text from whatever view, instead of editing the text from the object properties. I know this is probably a limitation by the fact that it is an object, and not a tool.

Great object overall though, and with few adjustments, I think it could be a replacement for all of the text labels.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Now it is an object, but I can make a label. However there are limitations to using the label-object. The type of arrow or leader cannot be extracted to place the label, the textinput method of a label is only available when you draw a simple text-label. Objects can be listed in a schedule, labels cannot. Do you still want it to be (also) a label?

The default position half of the first line, I can make a new feature of it.

I will invite anyone else to place new requests for next months' Custom GDL objects for FREE here or send an e-mail via the Label Everything/Label Multileader user interface or via a private message.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Dennis,

I have tried to modify the object to be a label, but it couldn't be done. When you place a regular label you must have the option 'use symbol arrow' off. But then everything that is drawn in the label is drawn from the startpoint, so the endpoint of the label leader is not the starting point of the text anymore.. If you put 'use symbol arrow' on, there is no more option to adjust the curve of the leader, because the hotspots are interfering.

So the object remains the way to do it. I did made the Custom top and Custom bottom variable so you can set this parameter to your own default value.

I do invite anyone else to place new requests for this months' Custom GDL objects for FREE here or send an e-mail via the Label Everything/Label Multileader user interface or via a private message.
The deadline of March is prosponed to the end of this week.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everybody,

The request for March is done by Roelofs Architects from the Netherlands. She requested this directly by email so she won't be joining us on the forum. I will keep you posted though.
Her request is a particular suspending lighting fixture by manufacturer Philips which is used by Roelofs in her latest project.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is the shipping container for Archaicad 13 availabl yet
regards
Anonymous
Not applicable
The shipping container for ArchiCAD 13 in in the zip-file which you can download here.

When you unzip it, you will get a lcf-file (Library Container File) which all holds all necessary elements (gsm-files/images/macros/library globals). This lcf file can be loaded with the library manager the same as any other libraries.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks for a really great shipping container
Well done
TMA_80
Enthusiast
yes thanks "master script" havn't seen it there before ...and thanks for your generosity.
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
The hanging lamp is ready and to be downloaded in the object depository or on my new website

The hanging lamp by Philips has specific dimensions. For use with the Lamp-tool with full lampsettings.