BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Data Loss Regression issue in AC 24 Update 2 - Viewpoints getting deleted with Issue Manager in use

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

We have discovered a regression issue with Archicad 24 Update 4007, Archicad 24 Solo Update 4004 and the Archicad 24 Releases of the CHE, CHI, GRE, KOR, TAI and UKR versions. This issue does not affect Archicad 23 or its updates.

Issue: If the Issue Manager is in use (an Issue is turned on by having the eye icon open) then creating a Detail Viewpoint in a Section or Elevation that has a Dimension placed will result in accidentally deleting all Project Map Viewpoints except for the Floor Plan Viewpoints. With the Viewpoints getting deleted, the Views originating from these Viewpoints will also get removed from the Navigator.

Cause: This issue occurs as a side-effect of a related bugfix that has been implemented for the 4000 Build series of Archicad 24.

Workaround: Turn off all the Issues in the Issue Manager for the duration of opening the created Detail Viewpoint for the first time and when applying the “Rebuild from Source View” command on a Detail Viewpoint to circumvent the issue.

Solution: GRAPHISOFT plans to release an update resolving this issue in January, as soon as technically possible.

We also documented this issue in a Help Center article.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

3 REPLIES 3
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
Seriously? You found a bug that will delete a user's entire project and view maps and you're waiting until next month to fix it. Unacceptable!
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Karl Ottenstein
Geoff wrote:
Seriously? You found a bug that will delete a user's entire project and view maps and you're waiting until next month to fix it. Unacceptable!
I've edited the original subject of this thread to include a "Data Loss" prefix to help assure more users read this critical announcement. I would have added "Potential Data Loss", but the subject line is limited in length.

For any new-ish users thinking of reverting to the previous build of AC 24: be sure that you save your Work Environment with names for each category into a folder on your system/network first so that you can re-load it after re-installation and application of Update 1.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Geoff,

Thank you very much for your comment!

It is very unfortunate that we only found out about this issue yesterday. We had a one-month Public Preview period, but this defect stayed unnoticed, even with the help of public and internal testings. By the time we were informed about it, the holiday season is coming. Thus, it was very difficult to issue a fix at the moment.

Thank you Karl for your clarification! It is indeed only a potential data loss, as it affects users who work intensively with the Issue Manager. Nevertheless, we do see that it is a very serious issue. It will be our top-priority task as soon as we get back to work.

I am truly sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you very much for your understanding!

Happy Holiday to you all!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!