Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Desctivating a cutplane from 2D script

Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi there,

I´m creating a complex object that is being controlled by a myriad of parameters and conditions ... to which I have used cutplane and project2{4} to generate it's cut view in plan.

So I tried to generate an elevation view on plane of the object using project2 (along side the plan cut), and as expected , the elevation view on plan was presented with a cut.

Can anyone of you tell me how to bypass this bummer ?
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
18 REPLIES 18
Nader Belal
Mentor
wall accesory
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi everyone,

My last trial was base on this idea:

Since GDL does still many legacy parts that haven't been deactivated, I though that if I passed my code from 3D & 2D script to master script, then I may be able to activate and deactivate the cut planes at will (without forgetting the corresponding modifications)

Results:
Although it worked fine in 3D, the object's GUI didn't work as before the modifications were enacted.
Nader Belal
Mentor
@Lingwisyer & @Barry Kelly

I have opened this thread in GDL Center (http://gdl.graphisoft.com/forums/topic/desctivating-a-cutplane-from-2d-script-or-similar-method)
Solution
Nader Belal
Mentor
@Lingwisyer & @Barry Kelly

I think I have just found the solution , that can by pass my problem, but it's not optimised although it will work perfectly.

This solution needs a little bit of imagination.

Solution:
  • First, create 2 groups, one for the object in it upright position "object_untrimmed", and the other for the cutting plane & the previous defined group "object_trimmed"; all at the top of the "3D Script".
  • Second, always place the group "object_trimmed", that way you will always get the correct cut plan representation in plans.
  • Third, create a parameter for activating elevation on plan.
  • Fourth, in the "3D Script" create an "if" condition that will place the "object_untrimmed" rotated around one of the X or Y or Z axis.
    That way you will always use the same "PROJECT2" (or one of its variants) for the same purpose view type.
  • Fifth, in case you need to modify the Elevation on plan in the 2D view, you will have to remember that you will have to control it in the "3D Script".
  • Sixth, don't forget to kill the groups.
Please if you have a better idea than this one, I will gladly hear/read it.
Nader Belal
Mentor
Update

Lingwisyer
Guru
Still wonder why Project2{4} was not working for you... Would have been so much easier, but why mine was not working is different to why yours was not so we are still lost on that...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Nader Belal
Mentor
@Lingwisyer

Correction, it worked for you and for me, the difference was in the needs that required different answers.

Your script for "Project2{4}" made clear that the cut part of your object may be costumed specified by the user as s/he pleases, which was not my case.

In my script I needed to maintain the building material indices, fills colours and pens unaltered by the 2D script, and when you couple that with the methods and parts specification that I have used with the different types of holes and voids that can specified by the user, your options would simply don't work in my case.

Unless there is a condition that is altering the results in my object that we aren't aware of.
Lingwisyer
Guru
Right, the pens are the main disadvantage of Project2. Really do not get why it has to overwrite all of the pen weights...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Nader Belal
Mentor
followup

http://gdl.graphisoft.com/forums/topic/desctivating-a-cutplane-from-2d-script-or-similar-method#post...