BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Different scale ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
When i want to draw something and i have different scales i allways create new files in AC. Im writing this just to ask u this simple question.

I want to have on frist story plan in 1:200
and on second one i want to create house from 1 - 3 storys

So in ac i will have 4 storys

But this is not possible in ac becouse all storys must have same scale.

OK, So can archicad have some kind of pages. On first page i will put something in 1:500
Then i will create 2 page and there i will put my buiding on 3 storys.

Am i missing something? Is this possible to do now? Plz can anyone explain this to me. Do u put site 1:500 in other file or in same one.

7 REPLIES 7
TomWaltz
Participant
The stories can have as many scales as you want. That's what View Sets are for... sorry I don't have the time to write it up right now, but the manual may help if you look up "View Sets."
Tom Waltz
Barry Kelly
As Tom said you can have any storey at any scale you like.
Just change the scale whenever you have the need.

The only thing you really need to watch out for is the text.
It remains the same printable size no matter what the scale so it may end up in the wrong location or over the top of other elements as the size of those elements change with the scale.

Therefore you are best to have different text layers for each scale.
Usually you would even want different text for plans of various scales so this works quite well.

To save having to change all this manually every time yo can set up views in view sets as Tom mentioned.
These will remember the settings and instally change the scale and layers (plus display options, zoom factor, etc.) as you choose each view.

So set up a view at 1:500 scale with the model (3D) layers and a 1:500 text layer.
Then another at 1:200 with the same model (3D) layers (or different if you want to bring in more detail) and a 1:200 text layer.
And the same again for 1:100, etc.

Now just change between the views as you see fit.
Of course you set these same views for each storey as well.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
Hi guys

Since version 9, text (but not labels) can be either fixed or scaled. This should make this sort of layer set up redundant.
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
TomWaltz
Participant
Ben wrote:
Hi guys

Since version 9, text (but not labels) can be either fixed or scaled. This should make this sort of layer set up redundant.
Not really. Unless you want all the same dimensions you show on 1/4" plans to show up on 1/16" plans, they need to be on a separate layer.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thx for rply people !!!!!!

I will read manual carefuly and give a try !!!!!

If i stack somewhere i will contact u !!!!

NFS
Anonymous
Not applicable
i just cant get this working.!!!

In Project map i draw 4 wall in 1:50, put dimensions and other stuff
I want to this 4 walls and other stuff put in a view set that i created but i want that to be in 1:500. So i put that in a view set in a new folder that i created. So its there. When i change 1:50 to 1:500 everything is changed, drawing in Project map and i view set. I dont want this 2 drawings to be linked. I want to draw something in drawing 1:500 that will not be in drawing with 1:50.

I want them to be seaprated and only then i will be able to do what i want. Is there way to unlink or not. Can anyone create little manual how to do that.
Is it possible to create drawing in View set that are not linked to Project map but i get them from Project map and there, in view set i will adjust them for ploting ???? !!!!!!

Plz Help, or i will explode!!!!!

NFS
TomWaltz
Participant
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
i just cant get this working.!!!

In Project map i draw 4 wall in 1:50, put dimensions and other stuff
I want to this 4 walls and other stuff put in a view set that i created but i want that to be in 1:500. So i put that in a view set in a new folder that i created. So its there. When i change 1:50 to 1:500 everything is changed, drawing in Project map and i view set. I dont want this 2 drawings to be linked. I want to draw something in drawing 1:500 that will not be in drawing with 1:50.

I want them to be seaprated and only then i will be able to do what i want. Is there way to unlink or not. Can anyone create little manual how to do that.
Is it possible to create drawing in View set that are not linked to Project map but i get them from Project map and there, in view set i will adjust them for ploting ???? !!!!!!

Plz Help, or i will explode!!!!!

NFS
As Barry mentioned, if you want elements drawn at one scale not to show at another, they will need to be on separate layers. Most people have a layer for "Text - 1:50" and "Text-1:500", that are part of a layer combination.
Tom Waltz
Learn and get certified!