BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Dimension objects in schedules

Dave Seabury
Advocate
Is it possible to script an object so that when scheduled it would auto dimension like a window or door?
AC 19-24 Windows 10 64 bit, Dell Prercision 7820, Xeon Silver 2414R ( 12 Cores), 64 GB Ram, Quadro RTX 4000 8GB
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
I'd be guessing you would have to save you object with a window or door subtype. Then it will no longer work with the object tool and must be placed in a wall. The width of the 2D opening is what will be dimensioned.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Dave Seabury
Advocate
I thought that might be the answer.

Thanks,

David
AC 19-24 Windows 10 64 bit, Dell Prercision 7820, Xeon Silver 2414R ( 12 Cores), 64 GB Ram, Quadro RTX 4000 8GB
Joachim Suehlo
Advisor
I think you can script dimension lines in your object so that the dimension are shown in the list in 2D or 3D.
Joachim Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 13.5 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de
Barry Kelly
Sorry Dave,
I was thinking about the automatic dimensioning in plan.
Don't know how I missed the scheduling side of things.

Here is a link to an old post about getting the auto dimensions for doors/windows in schecdules.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=30408

The hotspots need to be positioned based on certain parameter values.
Most of these are specific for doors and windows but some might be able to be used in other objects.
Maybe you could used hotspots based on parametrs such as "ac_unit_width", "ac_unit_height"?
I couldn't say for sure without experimenting.

Hopefully that link may shed some light on the subject and maybe will help you to head in the right direction if it is possible and sorry I may have mislead you in the first place.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!