BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimension preferences won't stay put

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a problem in AC10 on my Mac with Dimension preferences changing on their own. I'm using "feet and fractional inches". I set the fraction to 1/2". I also set one foot to read 1'-0" (with the zero inches showing). I hit OK button and save my file. Then it jumps back to (default) 1/16" fraction and 1' (with no zero inches). Like after looking at an Elevation view and then coming right back to my Floor Plan view.

Anyone else have this problem, or any ideas on how to fix it? It's definitely not a feature; I say it's a bug.

Thanks for your time and consideration and any help or clues.

Doug
5 REPLIES 5
Aussie John
Newcomer
Dimension preferences are stored as part of the quick view. Check the settings for the saved view
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aussie wrote:
Dimension preferences are stored as part of the quick view. Check the settings for the saved view
That seems to be the case. Amazingly I don't see that in the Reference Guide or the AC Help on my computer.

So I have to set the Dimension preference for every view? Kind of a pain, no?
Aussie John
Newcomer
Doug wrote:
So I have to set the Dimension preference for every view?
That is the case but you can select more than one view and change them all at once.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aussie wrote:
Doug wrote:
So I have to set the Dimension preference for every view?
That is the case but you can select more than one view and change them all at once.
Thanks for the tip. Actually, I forgot to thank you for the solution in your first post. So, belatedly, thank you for the great info. Every little wrinkle worked out makes working in AC more enjoyable.

Have a nice day.
__archiben
Booster
the view settings dialogue . . .
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Learn and get certified!