Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door with sidelight containing multiple opening sections

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

Im trying to get a door object that has a sidelight containing two opening sections and a fixed panel. The included archicad door object can be set so that there are 2 panes, both of which can be opened, but cannot have an additional fixed pane. am i missing something or is there a workaround?

i would like to achieve something similar as the image attached.

TIA[/img]
1 REPLY 1
matjashka
Enthusiast
First, welcome to the forum, Shaun!

One way I'd recommend to approach a custom sidelight like this: create a custom panel for the sidelight. You get an option of a custom door panel and a custom sidelight panel.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=custom+door+archicad

Note that once you have a basic understanding of how to script a parametric object (one that retains certain dimensions when overall size changes, instead of stretching like a rubber band), you can actually script a very flexible door or custom panel, with various automatic parameters. You can then use one "smart" custom panel regardless of door or sidelight size. Example: A sidelight panel that automatically increases the amount of glass divisions once the sidelight gets bigger.
Matt Krol [LinkedIn]
BHMS Architects and Planners, Chicago
AC 10 ... 26 USA