Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Education to Commercial License

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just upgraded from an educational license to commercial license, but every time I open a file in ARCHICAD I continue to see an Educational version watermark. This leads me to believe that I am not able to use the full capabilities of the commercial license. How can I fix this?
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
Don't open an educational file in the full version.
If you do Archicad will revert to an educational version automatically.
Once an educational file, always an educational file.

I have never tried this but if you really need information from an educational file, maybe open that file and a full version file.
Copy what you need from the educational file and paste it into the full one.
As I say I have never tried this, so I can't say if it will work.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Eduardo Rolon
You cannot "upgrade a project from Educational to Commercial.

Anything created with an EDU license will remain EDU so if you open it on a Commercial license then it will change to EDU for that project and it will add the watermark. You cannot copy/paste between them. The only way to avoid this is by recreating in Commercial whatever was done in EDU.

This is the standard for most CAD type of software.

Except for the watermark both versions are feature identical so you will not miss anything. EDU is for non-commercial projects and cannot be used in a commercial environment
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Barry Kelly
ejrolon wrote:
You cannot copy/paste between them. The only way to avoid this is by recreating in Commercial whatever was done in EDU.
There you go, Eduardo has said my suggestion will not actually work.
Forget I even mentioned it.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same issue rafehessekiel,

I did some projects at uni that I will use for commercial purposes, now I have to print and save as PDFs and then import. It seems a bit crazy.
Have you found anyother way to do it rafehessekiel?

Mark
Barry Kelly
Mark wrote:
I did some projects at uni that I will use for commercial purposes, now I have to print and save as PDFs and then import. It seems a bit crazy.
No, there is nothing crazy about it really.
If we could open EDU files and convert them to the full version, then offices with multiple licenses would be tempted to use the free EDU software to produce the files and then convert them with just one copy of the full license.

Plus the fact that now you want to use them for commercial projects, you can be paid for re-modelling them.

But isn't it nice that Graphisoft allows students to use their software for free?

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
mohsenfar
Participant
rafehessekiel wrote:
I just upgraded from an educational license to commercial license, but every time I open a file in ARCHICAD I continue to see an Educational version watermark. This leads me to believe that I am not able to use the full capabilities of the commercial license. How can I fix this?
Simply it is explained that you cannot convert / migrate EDU project to commercial version, but for further use, the best way to deal with such license upgrade is to use your best EDU project as reference and buildup a template in commercial version based on your last project... it will also ease your remodeling process...