Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

FPRISM and Status Codes

TomWaltz
Participant
Can anyone tell me why this
			FPRISM_ endMatl, endMatl, endMatl, endMatl, 
				5, offsetDist1, 45,offsetDist1, 
					0, 0, 15,
					0, ZZYZX,  15,
					-B, ZZYZX, 15,
					-B, 0, 15,
					0, 0, 15
is missing an edge?
Tom Waltz
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Tom,

definitively BUG!

I checked for angle parameter of FPrism_ & discovered that when you replace 45 (yours) with some other values contour line appears. But after some more plays with this mystery, have find solution for all values: "generate 3D model & after press CTRL+SHIFT+R from Keyboard" - missed line appears.

note: Test done for 3D view modes with both Internal & OpelGL engines
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another interesting thing is that at 1st you don't see lines in 3D-Axo preview (ObjMakingDialog). But if you switch to shade mode and switch back to hidden mode line appears!
Anonymous
Not applicable
The status code to close the prism should be "-1"
FPRISM_ endMatl, endMatl, endMatl, endMatl,
5, offsetDist1, 45,offsetDist1,
0, 0, 15,
0, ZZYZX, 15,
-B, ZZYZX, 15,
-B, 0, 15,
0, 0, -1
Anonymous
Not applicable
shaun wrote:
No, status code value -1 doesn't close main prism contours, it is used for holes!
See below.
GDL wrote:

si=-1 is used to define holes directly into the prism. It marks the end of the contour and the beginning of a hole inside of the contour. It is also used to indicate the end of one hole's contour and the beginning of another. Coordinates before that value must be identical to the coordinates of the first point of the contour/hole. If you have used the -1 mask value, the last mask value in the parameter list must be -1, marking the end of the last hole.
Vitruvius
Contributor
I think the problem lies in line 2 of your code -

n, thickness, angle, hill_height,

You have assigned Offsetdist1 to both thickness & hill_height but hill_height < thickness. Try reducing the hill_height and your edge should reappear.

Cheers
Cameron Hestler, Architect

AC 24 & 25 (3011) / MacMini i7-8700B @ 3.2 GHz / 32GB Ram / 512GB SSD

LG Ultrafine 4K monitor 22" & 27”

Mac OS 11.6 Big Sur
Anonymous
Not applicable
Vitruvius wrote:
You have assigned Offsetdist1 to both thickness & hill_height but hill_height < thickness. Try reducing the hill_height and your edge should reappear.
Cheers
You found the bug.
Hill_heigth=thickness and because of overlaping some times they are shown or not. And that's why Ctrl+Shift+R corrects "error".
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Z.Bauer wrote:
shaun wrote:
No, status code value -1 doesn't close main prism contours, it is used for holes!
See below.
GDL wrote:

si=-1 is used to define holes directly into the prism. It marks the end of the contour and the beginning of a hole inside of the contour. It is also used to indicate the end of one hole's contour and the beginning of another. Coordinates before that value must be identical to the coordinates of the first point of the contour/hole. If you have used the -1 mask value, the last mask value in the parameter list must be -1, marking the end of the last hole.
The use of "-1" is correct, I think.
I mean, it might be different from what the manual says, but it still works.
You can use it like that - even if no hole is defined after the -1 status code.
Or you can leave the last line, meaning the FPRISM will have 4 nodes, and ArchiCAD will automatically close the polygon.

Still, the missing edge could be a bug.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Is using of "-1", in context of this topic, really works by you (I'm not meaning that it can be used without holes)? Beacause by me no difference!
TomWaltz
Participant
Z.Bauer wrote:
laszlonagy wrote:
Is using of "-1", in context of this topic, really works by you (I'm not meaning that it can be used without holes)? Beacause by me no difference!
It seems like -1 would be the correct syntax, but 16 yields a correct result more often than -1 did (since with each Rebuild, that last edge seems to disappear or reappear!)
Tom Waltz