BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

FULLY VETTED COMMON OBJECTS

Eric Milberger
Advocate

As a newby having finished my third project with Archicad and my 1144th in cad I am really liking this project.

The one area that frustrates me are common objects and them being fully developed.

An example"

I found one shelf with curtain rod.  The model is perfect for all view - HOWEVER the Plan is lacking.  When shown it does not show a symbol typical for a shelf and rod.  Both should have 2d representation and probably text too  (this and this would avoid labeling it afterwards.

I don't know how to make this more pronounced but some objects are placeholders like a chair but other objects need to be developed in a way that is complete in 2d and 3d.

Is there not a suggested set up for all objects.  Like a seed for making a object

Eric Milberger, Architect | Master Planner
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

If you show some screenshots about how it looks now and how you would like it to look in 2D, we will be able to help you.

But, in the case of Library Parts, achieving what you want may involve some GDL scripting. This may sound a bit scary, but based on what you wrote, adding a proper 2D script or text does not require too much GDL knowledge.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

My concern are 3d objects without the 2d graphics and verbiage as needed,

In my case I had found in the Archicad Library a great shelf with curtain rod.

A dashed line for the curtain rod should have been included along with a dashed rectangle.

Otherwise how can you create a good set of construction documents without repeating.

All Cells should have 3d and 2d for sure.  But when beyond the obvious there needs to been typical 2d as well as sometimes text.

Eric Milberger, Architect | Master Planner
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

What is the name of this specific Library Part? Maybe you should make a wish for the improvement of this Library Part.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Lingwisyer
Guru

Some of these objects have small bugs that are really easy to fix too...

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes-forum/User-Fixed-GS-Object/m-p/291988

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!