Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Fan stairs

sonjica
Contributor

Is it possible to create stairs like this in Archicad 25?

fan_stairs.JPGPhoto 17.10.2022., 12 13 17.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Hmooslechner
Rockstar

Not with the stairmaker-tool, but simply manually with other tools like slabs or morph - not much effort.

AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
Hmooslechner
Rockstar

Not with the stairmaker-tool, but simply manually with other tools like slabs or morph - not much effort.

Earthworm
Booster

Yes you can. A bit of elbow grease and time will do. Just create a stair that fits and kind of looks the part and then manually edit each tread and rise to optimize. 

ArchiCAD 27 | Intel Xeon W-2225 - 4.10GHz | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3080 | Windows 10

The stair tool is enough. You can edit threads, risers and the structure also.

stair.jpg

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

Doing so, you will have to pay attention not to change the measures of the line-of-going - the measures of steps and risers on the position in ths going line must not be alterd. But yes - its possible.

sonjica
Contributor

Thank you all for your responses!! I'm new to Archicad and Stair Tool drove me nuts at first. I managed to draw stairs with Morph Tool this time around and will add the line-of-going and measures later on when I translate it to dwg, but will try again to do it with Stair Tool too. skale1.JPGskale2.JPG

Earthworm
Booster

You have to get used to it, but it's a powerful tool. One of the advantages is the integrated floor plan display. In fact, everything you've done with the morph-tool you could have done in the stair-tool. The tool allows the use of morphs for your treads 🙂

ArchiCAD 27 | Intel Xeon W-2225 - 4.10GHz | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3080 | Windows 10
Hmooslechner
Rockstar

Because its interesting: