BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Font plotting

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hallo,

can somebody explain to me why, when i plot a text (ex. 6 lines) with a blanco line in it, i get a square in the blanco line, when i plot.

I don't get the square on screen, and when i print to the printer.

If i use Helvetica or Monaco, there is no problem unfortunately we use century gothic which has the problem.

I tested it with several fonts, and it seems that half of them place a square where there should be a blanco line.

Is there somebody who knows how to avoid this problem?

Kind regards,
Jo
11 REPLIES 11
Thomas Holm
Booster
It´s in you plotter driver. Your plotter can't handle all characters in all fonts, just the ones your driver interpretes. To get to the bottom with this, you need (as always) to specify platform, program versions, plotter etc. Then maybe someone could help. But I think you should start with your plotter reseller's support!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply Thomas,

i did forget to specify my settings,

i work with a mac-intel macbook pro system 10.4.8 and a HP designjet 500ps plotter.

I don't think its a plotterdriver problem since there are no problems when plotted from a powerbook G4.

Any idea's ?

kind regards
Jo
Thomas Holm
Booster
Jo wrote:
Any idea's ?
Well, chekc that you'vve got the exact same fonts, in the same places, on this machine as on the Powerbook
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Djordje
Ace
Jo wrote:
Hallo,

can somebody explain to me why, when i plot a text (ex. 6 lines) with a blanco line in it, i get a square in the blanco line, when i plot.

I don't get the square on screen, and when i print to the printer.

If i use Helvetica or Monaco, there is no problem unfortunately we use century gothic which has the problem.

I tested it with several fonts, and it seems that half of them place a square where there should be a blanco line.

Is there somebody who knows how to avoid this problem?

Kind regards,
Jo
Which OS and which type are the fonts?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
The OS is OSX 10.4.8

The fonts are the standard installed fonts Century Gothic / Bookman & Palatino. Helvetica doesn't has this problem.

I also noticed that the text has a different text breadth in AC10 compared to AC9, this all on a intel-based mac. (see attachment)

On a powerbook mac we don't have these problems.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Was this problem ever corrected? My office is dealing with the same problem on all of the new Mac-Intel machines.
Djordje
Ace
Can you print instead of plotting?
Djordje

HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, printing seems to work. The squares do not show up.

(We're using the Arial font on an HP1055CM )
Djordje
Ace
Thought so.

BTW, where do you find 8 pen holder for 1055? 😉

Forget about plotting, except if you (or your bureau) insists on PLT files. Obsolete.
Djordje

HP Omen
Learn and get certified!