Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Fountain library part slow to load in AC10

Erika Epstein
Booster
A fountain library part by Frank Chin in 6.5 works well throught AC9.

That same library part opened in AC10 now is agonizingly slow to load and place. Why is this?
Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Erika
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
13 REPLIES 13
Erika Epstein
Booster
Frank,
WOW!

Like I understood any of that, but thanks. You are great. It works beautifully now in AC10.

Attached is the corrected object "Fountain AC10"
And thank you, Frank Chin, wherever you are...

p.s. David Nicholson-Cole always drilled into us to write the 2D script and not rely on a Project 2 statement as it is faster. But I had never seen such a blatant example of the time saved by writing this 2D script.

I am glad and grateful to Frank Beister that he was able to figure out what the upgrade in AC10 GDL meant and that he was able to communicate this problem to Graphisoft.

thanks again Frank.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Djordje
Ace
Erika wrote:
I may be mistaken, but I think Djordje might know what he is doing/where he is these days.
Sadly, I don't.

But I do have the full set of his freeware objects, and Marin is trying to update and post them on his forum.

Yes, they are freeware ... so if the update is needed, as it is (tentmaker saved my bacon more than once!) maybe the proper place would be Frank's GDL site?

Frank? Marin?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Frank Beister
Advisor
Hello Djordje. Selfgdl is not totally finished yet. If we will have so, I will rebuilt the openGDL site. Then we can do this more easy than in the moment. But it will take a little while. If Marin is faster, he can do. But a simple download site of zip-files should be possible anyway.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
Frank Beister
Advisor
I have got an answer vom GS. The PROJECT2-command has been optimized in AC 10 and works now normally faster. Excepted, if many identical elements have to be projected. GS works on a solution. In the moment is the only way to program a 2D-script without this PROJECT2.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!