BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL OBJECT / LABEL DISPLAYING X Y COORDINATES

Anonymous
Not applicable
HI ALL,

Hope someone can help me, I have done a good search but am having trouble finding a solution to my problem.. i am looking for a very simple object that displays the x and y coordinates of a point on my plan .. my aim to to export the list as a csv file then import it into a data base

I have really tried to solve this myself but am trouble?
hope someone can point me in right direction..
thanks,
Natalie (Arterra)
28 REPLIES 28
rocorona
Booster
I'm sure there are many others, but in the meantime you can try this very simple (and very old) object I made many years ago.
Not sure, anyway, how you can export the values to an external file.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
rocorona wrote:
Not sure, anyway, how you can export the values to an external file.
I think the location points in the 2D Script would need to be converted to object parameters so they could be scheduled, then Saved As... a cvs or similar file format.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Roberto ! Thanks David,

the object is simple and what i was after ! and David, you are absolutely right.. i need to covert the text values displayed for x and y and represent them as parameters so a to make a schedule out of them.. hmm, i'll go to work..

it doesn't seem as simple as it sounds.. if you have any advice it would be welcome!

my sincere thanks for your replies and help so far
Natalie
Anonymous
Not applicable
Evening 🙂

So i have tried to find a way to place the object and have the x and y coordinates (once placed) to show up as object parameters.. but i think this seems like a circular reference, does that make sense?..

the x and y coords need to be parameters in the GDL script, before the object is placed.. but they aren't defined UNTIL the object is placed ! maybe I am thinking about this all wrong??

what i am actually trying to do is take the x and y co-ordinates from trees we have placed in CAD and import the tree ID, and the x and y coordinates into EXCEL, add other tree features then take the info to a GIS package.. (the last bit i can do, excel to GIS).. it's just cad to excel i have trouble with

if anyone in the community can shed some light that'd be awesome and much appreciated (even if it is to tell me to try something else!)

thanks loads
Natalie (Sydney)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

First you have to made two parameters to the object (eg: posX, posY). With the help of PARAMETERS command you can to add the coordinates to the object.
eg.:

PARAMETERS posX=SYMB_POS_X,
posY=SYMB_POS_Y

After all you have to open and close the settings dialogs of the placed objects. (If these not placed you haven't)

Finally with the help of Schedules and Lists you can to choose the parameters (eg: posX, posY) what you want to save to xls. (Its important that it has to be filled the Name of the parameters)

I think it works.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think Roberto's object was done prior to AC9.
For accuracy, since AC9, you must use an additional Global Variable.
!!! Master Script
x = SYMB_POS_X + GLOB_WORLD_ORIGO_OFFSET_X
y = SYMB_POS_Y + GLOB_WORLD_ORIGO_OFFSET_Y

!!! Parameter Script
parameters x = x, y = y
Declare x, y params in the Parameters tab.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
ila2 wrote:
Finally with the help of Schedules and Lists you can to choose the parameters (eg: posX, posY) what you want to save to xls. (Its important that it has to be filled the Name of the parameters)
If I remember right the objects always give x=0 and y=0 when scheduled or listed. Writing the coordinates from the floor plan to an external .txt file might
work.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Juha wrote:
If I remember right the objects always give x=0 and y=0 when scheduled or listed. Writing the coordinates from the floor plan to an external .txt file might
work.
Sorry, I did not test it, but I trust you, Juha. One more GDL grip. Grrr!
Yes, the GDL Text In/Out Add-On export to a .txt file should work.

More complicated. I did not want to disgust Natalie, but now that's done.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks Juha ! et Merci à vous aussi Olivier!

Juha described exactly what i was having problems with, so i have now gone back though the forums and see that there are others trying to export to text files too!

I have spent the last 4 hours trying to find out why my Archicad 12 (mac OSX 10.6. cannot read the GDL add-ons ! I can't seem to solve it. I've covered permission errors and bugs/upgrades/fixes ! ..

i think with Roberto's locator object and a solution to my add-on problems i will succeed .. fingers crossed..

just wanted to say thanks again!
Natalie
Learn and get certified!