BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL Syntax HighLight wit NotePad++

Anonymous
Not applicable
[Moderator note: for some reason the message associated with this post simply said 'banned'. I opened the attached zip file and it seems to contain an XML description of the GDL language for Notepad++ which can be downloaded here:
http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

This is a Windows-only program.

I haven't taken the time to try it out myself yet though. Obviously, one would have to paste their GDL into Notepad++ to see the highlighting, but this could still be a great help in tracking down problems. Perhaps the original poster would post a screenshot of some color-coded text. --Karl]
12 REPLIES 12
stefan
Expert
FWIW, I did pose the question to a GS representative at ArchiCAD Summer School in September this year, and there are no plans…

So (unless they have something under the hood), GDL editing is still doomed to occur in a non-syntax-colored, non-line-numbered, non-auto-completing mode.

Most Open Source software tools have this functionality. All commercial software developer systems have it. There are even complete Javascript and JQuery implementations to do this on a webpage, in a forum or whatever you use.

Please?
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Frank Beister
Advisor
Some users may remember of "Black Turtle"/(White Rabbit), and other attempts (3DNF scripter).
Not perfect, but pleasant. They worked both for Mac and Windows.
Yes I remember. It brought a lot of other problems.

It would be a first step, if AC would allow to open the source in an external editor like N++, which saves changes back to AC-IDE . A bit like the old Windows-DDE. I am shure GS will find an open source editor, which would offer an interface.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
Frank Beister
Advisor
I have made some tiny corrections: sorting the types of commands and added some new ones. Work with current version. Thanks for the basic file! Defining composed commands like "IF THEN " is still missing.
But very helpful for a quick look into a GDL file.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!