BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL XML Extension

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anybody help me with the GDL XML Extension? I'm trying to decode it since 4 days and i have no idea how it works! The ArchiCAD 9 documentation is very confusing or i'm so stupid

I'm trying to teach my GDL how to output data like dimensions and price in a XML file so i can read it with an JAVA script. My Problem i have no idea how the GDL XML syntax works!

The best for me would be to download a GDL objekt where this GDL XML Extension script is use so i can whatch how to write it!
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Again my question: Are you familiar with the XML format? Do you have an aim of export format/structure? Can you create such an file "by hand" and post it?
Not exactly me but a Teammate is very good in those things. He makes our websites and other things with HTML/PHP/JAVA/XML. My part of this project is to "learn" to write the GDL object an he makes the JAVA programm to read the hole data.

I also think that i have to tell him a node but how? I can define a node with an Number (like 00 or 01) or with a Name. The two things are possible but in the GDL Documentation is nothing explained how to use this command.
Cosminn
Contributor
Hello to all.
I need an add on to open, read and modify a document "xml", or have to write a script into a new object.
Sincerely,
Daniel
Learn and get certified!