Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Graphical editing inside labels?

TomWaltz
Participant
Before I chase this too far:

Do the diamond "stretchy" hotspots work inside the Label Tool objects? I'm trying to make a label that can have parts of it altered graphically, and the Pet Pallette does not seem to show the traditional "stretchy" option on it.

Is this intentional? Or is there some trick to making this work inside label sub-typed objects?
Tom Waltz
4 REPLIES 4
They work, but it's bumpy. The big bump I've noticed is that you can't have coinciding X & Y editing pairs; only the first scripted one will work. If they're separate they both work, really inelegantly. I've also had trouble making a switch using a two-item value list, but I'm not sure that wasn't my fault.

I'm sure there are other weirdnesses. If you can describe any more, don't forget to share. The whole label tech is a beta wilderness IMHO. It's hard to tell if something doesn't work or if you just don't get the quirks.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
TomWaltz
Participant
Mine is strictly an internal parameter, not A or B, and only strecthes in the Y-axis.

Maybe I need to make it A or B....
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
James wrote:
They work, but it's bumpy. The big bump I've noticed is that you can't have coinciding X & Y editing pairs; only the first scripted one will work. If they're separate they both work, really inelegantly. I've also had trouble making a switch using a two-item value list, but I'm not sure that wasn't my fault...
Hi James,

I got exactly the same result you describe, graphical hotspots in labels work erratically.
I have tried to declare my first unique identifier uid = 6, or uid = 10 to be more secure. This doesn't change anything.
I have tried to put the hotspots inside or outside the bounding box, no more success.

It works only with one XY hotspot, for the second results are uncorrect.
If i use only X or Y hotspots, this can do the trick.
Of course, I avoid to make the stretchy hotspots coincide with the bounding box ones, they will lock.

Labels don't like graphical hotspots, no more list values in UI (OSX feature, it seems).
TomWaltz
Participant
Here's something fun: They work perfectly in section/elevation, but not in plan!!

That's where I needed them for, but still kind of strange.....
Tom Waltz