Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Graphisoft and Data Design System Joining Forces

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
32 REPLIES 32
Jp1138
Expert

DDS-cad products are said to be great, but here in Spain they are too generic and not adapted to local regulations, at least the last time I cheked, so they are in great dissadvantage against other software solutions.

Let´s see how this goes
ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope this positive step will help us here in the US as well.
wow.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Karl Ottenstein
Interesting. The DDS-CAD web site indicates that their software is Windows-only:
https://www.dds-cad.net/products/system-requirements/

And, the site has such vague information and lack of screenshots/examples that it is hard to guess what this offers beyond MEP within ARCHICAD. Certainly some of the photovoltaic library parts might be nice to have.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
runxel
Legend
Those are some news!

Really want to know what this means precisely. What can we expect?
DDS already has been a brand under the Nemetschek umbrella....
Since November 2013, DDS is part of the Munich-based Nemetschek Group.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There is now an interview with Graphisoft CEO Huw Roberts on AEC Magazine that provides additional information about the merger and what happens in the future:

https://aecmag.com/mep/graphisoft-and-dds-cad-merge-to-bring-mep-to-archicad/
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
DGSketcher
Legend
Well that’s as clear as mud. Now, about the existing AC bugs and missing tools... we all know it’s not good to build off weak foundations. AC has been neglected in favour of Structural Analysis, is it now going to suffer the same for MEP?
I’m beginning to wonder what will happen to Vectorworks and Allplan, Are they going to be merged as well or will they just become entry level and mid tier solutions for businesses that can’t afford or need the full AC toolset?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Mjules
Mentor
Graphisoft should work on a simplified version of Archicad preferably.
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Working as a developer on an architect targeted software is definitely not that evident. ( it is a vast domain, as it is now even flirting with aeronautique softwares) where should we stop ?

Everyone is claiming for something, me the first, but I remember clearly some users complaing about ArchiCAD not having a total suite as Revit, and how this thing is crutial to its futur....!
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|