Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Graphisoft door with 2 transoms

Bruce
Expert
I have a door design as shown below, that I am trying to achieve with the out-of-the-box Graphisoft door library parts. I know 3rd party options are available (e.g. Cadimage), and I can also script my own...but that's not what I'm after.

I figured that this was simple enough to achieve that surely the GS parts would do? Note the irregularly spaced transoms, and gap at bottom.

Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to make a custom door leaf. Take a look here: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/76693/
There is also this video:
Barry Kelly
petsagouris wrote:
You need to make a custom door leaf.

Only thing is you won't get the gap at the bottom as the door leaf will automatically scale to suite the door frame - no matter what size you create it.
The only way would be to include a very thin slab below the door panel that is the height of the gap you need.
If it is right at the edge of the panel and is thin enough you may not notice it against the door frame.

Or maybe make the bottom gap from a slab with an air space (transparent) material.
But that will only work when transparency is turned on in your views.

Also the transoms in the panel will not be adjustable with a custom made panel.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Bruce
Expert
I should have said I also know how to create custom door leafs. However, they are not parametric - which is required.

I know the workarounds - I was hoping that there was a way to achieve this simple leaf without one.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Lingwisyer
Guru
Forever waiting for parameter pass through and / or sub-object settings for custom leafs and such...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660