Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How di I change the distance the element "jumps" i Archicad?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to make my first GDL-object. But the object is so small compared with a house. I'm trying to move an element by shift + arrowkey. But I can't move it to the place I want. Either it is to short or to far. Can someone help me, please?
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
turn the tracker on and type the distance.....
Anonymous
Not applicable
The nudge distance is controlled in the 'Grids & Background' settings box ('View' menu, under 'Grid Options').

The Shift+Arrow distance is controlled by the snap grid, Alt+Shift+Arrow is controlled by the main grid settings.

See the help file for further info.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
The nudge distance is controlled in the 'Grids & Background' settings box ('View' menu, under 'Grid Options').

The Shift+Arrow distance is controlled by the snap grid, Alt+Shift+Arrow is controlled by the main grid settings.

See the help file for further info.
I can't seem to make this function work. I've tried more than once with different grid settings and I can't find anything about it in the help files. Is the key combo different on a Mac?
Karl Ottenstein
Wrathchild wrote:
I can't seem to make this function work. I've tried more than once with different grid settings and I can't find anything about it in the help files. Is the key combo different on a Mac?
Your signature indicates you are running AC 11. Nudge is a feature of AC 12.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Wrathchild wrote:
Your signature indicates you are running AC 11. Nudge is a feature of AC 12.

Cheers,
Karl
Bummer....
Karl Ottenstein
Wrathchild wrote:
Bummer....
Well, not really ... it is hard to think of any (frequent) practical uses for this feature IMHO.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Wrathchild wrote:
Bummer....
Well, not really ... it is hard to think of any (frequent) practical uses for this feature IMHO.

Cheers,
Karl
True enough. I would have found it handy a few times but I can live without it.
David Collins
Advocate
Karl wrote:
it is hard to think of any (frequent) practical uses for this feature IMHO.
I thought so, too, but it's very nice for fine-tuning text position, I've found.
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
Karl wrote:
it is hard to think of any (frequent) practical uses for this feature IMHO.
I thought so, too, but it's very nice for fine-tuning text position, I've found.
That's what usually use it for in Photoshop.