BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How do I make balconies by cutting a high wall?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I'm currently modelling a skyscraper, I've made a high sloping wall, and i need to cut it to make a subtraction space for balconies.. How do i cut the wall in one place ? thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you are familiar with Intersection Priorities of Building Materials, then you can simply assign a Building Material to the Balconies the Intersection Priority of which is larger than the Intersection Priorities of the Building Materials of the Wall's skins. Then the Priority Based Connections of ARCHICAD will automatically cut it out from those skins.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
If you are familiar with Intersection Priorities of Building Materials, then you can simply assign a Building Material to the Balconies the Intersection Priority of which is larger than the Intersection Priorities of the Building Materials of the Wall's skins. Then the Priority Based Connections of ARCHICAD will automatically cut it out from those skins.
Thanks for your reply,
but unfortunately i'm not really familiar with the intersection priorities,

I've watched a video to explain it further more but yet it didn't work for me..

is it possible to explain further more, or if you have any other method to cut a wall in one place or at least make a hole in a wall
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you post a screenshot of the exact situation so we can give you better advice? A screenshot that shows how the balcony and wall geometries intersect?
Maybe cut the model with a thick rectangular Marquee and show only what is within the marquee so we see both cut and uncut geometries in 3D.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Can you post a screenshot of the exact situation so we can give you better advice? A screenshot that shows how the balcony and wall geometries intersect?
Maybe cut the model with a thick rectangular Marquee and show only what is within the marquee so we see both cut and uncut geometries in 3D.

Thanks for your reply and really sorry for the late answer.
My design has changed and it longer has a balconies that are subtracted from the building..
But anyhow, here's the old design ( mass ) and i made a simple illustration of the balconies ( the red lines )
Anonymous
Not applicable
iArchicad wrote:
laszlonagy wrote:

Thanks for your reply and really sorry for the late answer.
My design has changed and it longer has a balconies that are subtracted from the building..
But anyhow, here's the old design ( mass ) and i made a simple illustration of the balconies ( the red lines )
ref..
Learn and get certified!