BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to modelling a buggy?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I cant modelling skeleton of buggy with any cirle profil. how to make it please help.
Isn't there an easy way to do this?
I try railing
I try profil manager
I try morph
https://grabcad.com/library/rock-bouncer-frame-1
9 REPLIES 9
Barry Kelly
I am not surprised!

Archicad is an Architectural modelling software.
Not really suited for this sort of thing.

You can tube a morph surface but you will have to start and stop every time you want to change the plane that it is to stretch along.
Plus it won't be easy to get the exact dimensions you want.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I know that,
When a profile manager adds a railing I thought I could do a 3d chamfer
Thank you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
As Barry said Archicad is an architectural modelling program, you really need to use a program like Solidworks, Autodesk Inventor, Catia, or Solid Edge to model this

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable
I use archicad very well, and I wants to take everything. because very love archicad;)
Lingwisyer
Guru
Then you are stuck modelling each plane of your tubes as individual parts as Barry has first mentioned. You will end up spending a lot more time doing this in AC rather than importing it from a more suitable program...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Barry Kelly
cesursg wrote:
I use archicad very well, and I wants to take everything. because very love archicad;)
Sure, but Archicad is just not the right software to model something like this.
At least not very easily.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wrong tool for the job, I can hit in a nail using a screwdriver but I can do it much faster and get a better result using a hammer
... but if you want to do it with ArchiCAD it is certainly not impossible. And not unreasonable either - if you ask me. The key is locating the node points. I could do it, so I am sure others could too.

I would use common weld fittings and locate them at the nodes, rotate as needed... connecting the fittings with a tube is easy. Even if you want have non-standard fittings, at least make them of some intentional angle. And of course the fittings and tube can be extracted into Interactive Schedules. Shop drawings would not be a difficult task either. Are you making a buggy or just fooling around with it for fun?

This reminds me of how I used to model pipe railings. I made/modeled a set of .gsm fittings for a pipe railing and fittings manufacture once. There are is a picture of it in this thread - https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=41754
Anyway, you just locate the fittings, and connect them with a tube. It's not really that difficult to do with ArchiCAD.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

cesursg wrote:
I cant modelling skeleton of buggy with any cirle profil. how to make it please help.
Isn't there an easy way to do this?
I try railing
I try profil manager
I try morph

buggy.jpg

https://grabcad.com/library/rock-bouncer-frame-1
Just a thought, but you do know you can open that file in ArchCAD right? It will automatically be converted to a morph. From there you can cut it up/split and do about what ever you want to it.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Learn and get certified!