Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

I want to display the wall of the lower floor as a hidden line from the upper floor.

LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

LeeJaeYoung_0-1664026900037.pngLeeJaeYoung_1-1664026958504.png

I want to express the wall of the lower floor as a hidden line from the upper floor.

Structural floor plan.
Columns and beams are displayed as hidden lines.
The walls are invisible.

We cannot proceed further here. Changing the uncut line is a temporary workaround...

AC27 on window 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

There may be a translation issue here. I think what you are asking is... Because columns and beams can be shown as hidden line below a slab (using MVO settings) then why is this not possible with walls?

I think columns & beams were given special treatment for their importance in the building structure. Walls have never been granted this option. You could request it is added to the wishes.

One work around, which isn't ideal, is you create a new View of the floor below with all lines set to "Hidden". This can then be added to the Layout sheet with the upper floor plan. You may have to play with display orders and slab fills to get it to show properly.

Failing that you may have to resort to 2D line annotation using the Trace View.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Have you tried graphic override?

Hi @LeeJaeYoung, if this wall already exist in the lower floor and extending to this Roof Floor as I see from screenshot then you are right to use All Relevant Stories for Show on Stories and you can use Overhead All for Floor Plan Display.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

When all is set to overhead, both the first and second layers are hidden. I want it to be hidden and only appear on the second floor.

AC27 on window 11

I can't specify the lower floor.
If I want to designate it as a home story, I have to create it separately for each floor...

AC27 on window 11
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

There may be a translation issue here. I think what you are asking is... Because columns and beams can be shown as hidden line below a slab (using MVO settings) then why is this not possible with walls?

I think columns & beams were given special treatment for their importance in the building structure. Walls have never been granted this option. You could request it is added to the wishes.

One work around, which isn't ideal, is you create a new View of the floor below with all lines set to "Hidden". This can then be added to the Layout sheet with the upper floor plan. You may have to play with display orders and slab fills to get it to show properly.

Failing that you may have to resort to 2D line annotation using the Trace View.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

@LeeJaeYoung , you say ( I want it to be hidden and only appear on the second floor ) 

so set the second floor to be the home story and show on only home storey and overhead all for display option while it is extending to the lower floor and hidden.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

thank you so much

LeeJaeYoung_0-1664078572136.png

Archicad doesn't support it.
But I think using GOC(GOR) is better.
The problem is that you have to create and set each GOC (GOR) for each floor.
Are there any downsides?
I appreciate your teaching of knowing that your method has the advantage of being able to represent many parts of the downstairs. ^^

AC27 on window 11

LeeJaeYoung_1-1664078919193.pngLeeJaeYoung_2-1664078951689.pngLeeJaeYoung_3-1664078999908.png

Here, I would like to know how to solve the disadvantage of having to create each GOC (GOR) for each layer because there is no conditional statement that says if it is not the current story.
I would like to know how to solve it with one RULE. ^^

AC27 on window 11

I know that your words are correct.
Rather than making a GOC that turns off the overall line of the lower floor from the upper floor of the building floor, I found that the method you gave me is the correct answer.
thank you ^^

AC27 on window 11